Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
I remember driving Dad's V8 VK Berlina on the road well before I was legally allowed to drive - it was the first car I'd ever driven and that V8 sound was simply intoxicating even back then. And I spent many years riding shotgun in a mate's genuine LC GTR XU1, 308 SS Hatchback and VL 3L turbo Calais (the bastards dad was a car dealer who owned an immaculately modified FC ute with a supercharged 186ci . I kicked around in a 308 WB panel van for a few years before swapping to a HJ 1 Tonner with 350 chev). But my first new Holden was a 2001 VU SS ute with the LS1. It was the first real car I'd ever owned that was just an absolute pleasure to drive.

And so, regardless of Holden's reasons for ceasing production in Australia, they certainly have created an amazing history of vehicles that leave a lasting legacy for many of us. I've always been a Holden fan but haven't owned one for many years. But when I realised the plant was closing, I just couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic and luckily I am in a position to own one of their very last vehicles off the production line.

And just recently I mentioned to wifey that I had a line a very well maintained 2013 XR6 turbo ute, which would be much cheaper than the new VF I was contemplating. And barely had I finished telling her about it, she said "You are not buying a Ford, and that's it"!!!

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hi Guys,
How do you start a new thread to disscussion?

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Well he said no Holden Ute/ commercial vehicles in 1978 with the release of the VB. Forgetting the mighty WB!. Also the VF MSE at 307kw.
you nailed it Cuda, oops I made a bumer my self:D:
Here is a linkl for the "OLDEN COMMODORE FAMILY TREE - VIDEO"
How's your beast going?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

How's your beast going?
I'm in awe mate. It's a fantastic drivers car hey! Cruise quietly like a cusso Calais or trun the dial for some track oriented sound, handling, throttle response and (in the auto) very sharp, intuitive and adaptive gear changes. It's nothing short of sensational.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

How's your beast going?
I'm in awe mate. It's a fantastic drivers car hey! Cruise quietly like a cusso Calais or turn the dial for some track oriented sound, handling, throttle response and (in the auto) very sharp, intuitive and adaptive gear changes. It's nothing short of sensational.

Last edited:

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I'm in awe mate. It's a fantastic drivers car hey! Cruise quietly like a cusso Calais or trun the dial for some track oriented sound, handling, throttle response and (in the auto) very sharp, intuitive and adaptive gear changes. It's nothing short of sensational.
In summary goes like the "A6 Spitfire"

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Discovered something about the HUD yesterday that i didn't know it was able to do LOL.
Was using it the same time while playing music (which i never have before at the same time) and was surprised when it showed on the windscreen the title & song name when it changes to the next track each time.
Really nice addition i must say :)