Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hold down the start/stop Botton (without your foot on the brake) till accessories comes on then let go of the botton and release the handbrake like normal

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Hold down the start/stop Botton (without your foot on the brake) till accessories comes on then let go of the botton and release the handbrake like normal
Brilliant thank you.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Odd question. Would Holden centre caps fit in HSV 20 inch wheels.
eg: Would HF 20 centre caps fit in Rapiers?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Odd question. Would Holden centre caps fit in HSV 20 inch wheels.
eg: Would HF 20 centre caps fit in Rapiers?
Cant confirm the Rapiers, but tried the Holden caps in my SV's on the Maloo.
The Holden caps are smaller in diameter than the HSV caps...

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Cant confirm the Rapiers, but tried the Holden caps in my SV's on the Maloo.
The Holden caps are smaller in diameter than the HSV caps...

Ahh that’s annoying!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ahh that’s annoying!
The Holden caps are 59mm dia.
The HSV caps are 63mm dia. (SV's and E1 GTS caps)

The Rapiers may be different, maybe an owner can measure theirs to confirm.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Has anyone noticed if your Rear Stop Led lamp light is sagging down a little?
Just noticed mine yesterday and when looking at it from the outside/rear window its starting to sag down form the drivers side :(

Didn't have time to get in the back seat and have a good look but is this kind of thing common to happen to interior roof?
Im trying to think how i could fix it now??

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Regular Drive is a series 1 Calais V V6 which has done just over 108000kms without any problems. Just wondering if the V6 in this car has a timing belt or chain and when is the recommended kms for the timing chain/belt service or replacement.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The V6 uses a timing chain and there's no scheduled replacement mileage. Nowadays they're very reliable. Some engines built in 2006-7 had problems with stretched timing chains due to the chain not being produced to design specifications. This is from another thread on this forum:

Holden LY7 Alloytec V6 engine (2004-09)

LY7 V6 engine: stretched timing chains
In January 2006, 7.7 mm inverted tooth timing chains were introduced for the LE0, LY7 and LW2 engines, replacing 9.5 mm pitch roller chains. For some – but not all – of these timing chains, the chain links were not manufactured in accordance with design specifications and the chains could become elongated (also known as ‘stretched timing chains’). According to GM Bulletin H08-0601-01, chain elongation was expected to occur in early engine life (i.e. 10,000 kms to 20,000 kms). There have, however, been reports of timing chain elongation occurring at significantly higher kilometres.

Elongation of the timing chains would cause,
  • the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL or ‘Check Engine’ light) to illuminate; and
  • the ECU to log fault codes P0008, P0009, P0016, P0017, P0018 and P0019 which indicated that camshafts on either bank of the engine were misaligned with the crankshaft.

The engines with timing chains susceptible to elongation were produced from January 2006 to engine build date 18 May 2007 (18/5/2007); this production range corresponded to engine numbers between H053340001 and H071380576.

The typical chain elongation observed was a minimum of 3 mm on a doubled-up chain. Where the timing chains had become elongated, they had to be replaced. The idlers, guiders and tensioners, however, did not require replacement, though the guides should be inspected for any abnormal wear.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Thank you Sir Les for your comprehensive response. As my car is a July 2013 Build VF, from your post should not be affected by the earlier timing chain issue.