Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
You're welcome, zappaboy. Actually, the timing chain issue was something I researched before buying my VF, although I can't take credit for the detailed info above. As I said, I lifted it from another thread. :D
May your chain never stretch all the length of your days.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Was with a mate at a new Subaru dealer today.
Said mate is looking for a soul-free-zone upright ‘fridge for his missus, the targets for today were Outback & Forester.
This dealer wasn’t all that busy, so we kept the young lady salesperson busy for way too long with all sorts of inane questions.
So while said mate was poking at buttons inside the Outback, I mentioned that the better-half has a Redline wagon in a dark green; the aforementioned young lady perked-up, was all enthusiastic, knew the name of the colour & started enthusing about W1’s and how she’d loved to have been able to afford one (she’s trading her Toyobaru for a Leforg, Because Turbo).
Was cool to be talking to someone of the Next Generation who blatts around in enthusiastmobiles for Young Folk, and who still shows an interest in the Dinosaurmobiles. :)

Of course the mate looking for the gerlytruk for his better-half had NFI what we were talking about, suspect he’s convinced himself Subaru == Euro ... :D

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Has anyone noticed if your Rear Stop Led lamp light is sagging down a little?
Just noticed mine yesterday and when looking at it from the outside/rear window its starting to sag down form the drivers side :(

Didn't have time to get in the back seat and have a good look but is this kind of thing common to happen to interior roof?
Im trying to think how i could fix it now??
I've seen it on two of the cars in our family. Not clipped in properly. Just push the headlining back up against the rear stop lamp.

Juicifruitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline
Have had to reclip around the sunroof as well as the rear tail light

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
POSITION OF MICROPHONE

Just a random question -- where is the microphone for voice actuation positioned in the VF? Is it under the vents in the front overhead light mounting? I ask this because even with all the latest software updates, I still can't get the lady in the satnav to understand me when I tell her my destination (although she's brilliant at changing radio stations). I thought maybe if I knew where the microphone was, I could shout at her very loudly indeed. :(

Mag00ly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
POSITION OF MICROPHONE

Just a random question -- where is the microphone for voice actuation positioned in the VF? Is it under the vents in the front overhead light mounting? I ask this because even with all the latest software updates, I still can't get the lady in the satnav to understand me when I tell her my destination (although she's brilliant at changing radio stations). I thought maybe if I knew where the microphone was, I could shout at her very loudly indeed. :(

Attachments

• 92249758.jpg
    92249758.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 367

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Thanks, I thought that's where it was but I wasn't sure.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have not seen any australian made cars being recalled with airbag issues. The Takata debacle affected more than just Japanese cars. Was the Australian made camry recalled. Can anyone confirm any details.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
POSITION OF MICROPHONE

Yes, that's the mic posi.
She listens to me.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
POSITION OF MICROPHONE

I have the same problem. She’s fine with making phone calls, but never understands Satnav directions.