Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

carnz85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRSS
Hi just chasing some info, i have a my14 vf ss which came with fe2 suspension, will fe3 suspension fit?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi just chasing some info, i have a my14 vf ss which came with fe2 suspension, will fe3 suspension fit?

VF FE3 suspension will fit.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Anyone know how to pause/play bluetooth via the mylink system on a VFII? I haven't managed to figure it out and use the controls on my android phone. Would much rather use a voice command/steering wheel button/touch screen instead.
FYI, I've got a redline, so there's a physical NAV button on the console where there would normally be the play/pause button.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I finally added the second horn to the passenger side of the redline today. I’ve had the horn for nearly two years. Thebolt was a bastard to screw in as I didn’t take the bumper off. I ran the wire across the bumper and attached it to the existing horn horn. Now I have the 400 & 500 HZ horn. Much louder now and like the series 1 VF.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
If anyone is interested, I've just upgraded my exhaust and now have some 340 HSV Tri Y's and cats looking for a new home.

chur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore sv6
Any1 have an idea about a engine overheating all the time on a vf sv6 on lpg , I’ve added How much coolant abit of oil but still keeps doing it , probably 2-3weeks it keeps doing it and coolant just drys up don’t know where it’s going ??

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Any1 have an idea about a engine overheating all the time on a vf sv6 on lpg , I’ve added How much coolant abit of oil but still keeps doing it , probably 2-3weeks it keeps doing it and coolant just drys up don’t know where it’s going ??
No external leaks, probably an internal leak. Head gasket(s)?

chur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore sv6
No external leaks, probably an internal leak. Head gasket(s)?
Nah found it bro today leaking radiator either bottom tank or bottom header plate cracked unsure which one but 90% sure it’s radiator

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Anyone know how to pause/play bluetooth via the mylink system on a VFII? I haven't managed to figure it out and use the controls on my android phone. Would much rather use a voice command/steering wheel button/touch screen instead.
It’s never occurred to me that I wouldn’t be able to do this (also Redline) ... but I may never have tried (even with the pretty bad standard system as fitted to the wagon I’ve noticed sound-quality issues streaming from my iPhone to the Commodore - so I usually put new music onto the USB stick fairly quickly). I’ll try to remember & have a look when I go shopping this arvo. There’s not a pause soft-key button on the Now Playing screen is there?

*edit*
Yeah had a mess around with it ... can’t find how to do it. I’m ... 80% sure the controls were more comprehensive with the Android ‘phone I had prior.

Last edited:

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
What's a decent cheapish OBD reader everyone is using? Those $20 BT module ones on ebay works ok with these cars?

Yesterday when leaving my parents house at night, car started up running rough, before "service ESP" popped up on dash and then CEL started flicking before permanently staying on.

All the way it feels like it was missing 1 cylinder, so did a u turn and limped back to parent's house before parking up and borrowing my mum's car for the week.

Booked it at stealer (still go warranty till November) to get checked this coming friday but would like to do basic code reading myself in the future.

Car is a MY16 SSV-R could this be the injector issues I read about on the other thread...