Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

hugereductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
On 2013 VF, V6 is the bottom radiator hose a push-lock system? Is it the same as the Holden Cruze?

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
What was your first impression of the VF model the first time you drove one? was it love at first rev?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
What was your first impression of the VF model the first time you drove one? was it love at first rev?

i was actually a little underwhelmed to be honest, and it was a redline.
i didnt drive one until january last year, i had a modded VE SSV at the time.
i dont know if the car had been sitting undriven or what was the case, but it was gutless.

i was gobsmacked, thinking to myself what other car would i buy.
anyway went to another dealership, much more helpful staff, and this time the car actually drove better.

call me crazy but i still miss my VE.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
i dont know if the car had been sitting undriven or what was the case, but it was gutless.

anyway went to another dealership, much more helpful staff, and this time the car actually drove better.

I drove a VZ executive for the best part of 7 years and I still remember the first time I test drove a VF not long after they were first released in 2013 and it was an SV6 and it felt like a V8 compared to my executive lol.. couldn't believe how luxurious it felt and in terms of power it wasn't in anyway gutless but then again the car was basically hot off the press at the time so that's probably why... I'm not sure why the redline you drove felt gutless??? I couldn't imagine a car like that suffering from too much in the way of performance issues unless it was mistreated really badly.... What kind of mods did you have done to your VE?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

I had never driven a VF until I bought mine and same VE feels a bit more me, not a fan of the electric steering feel, do love the manual box( best stock t56) and std 3.7 diff behind the LS3 Though

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot

I originally was going to buy a VE SV6 brand new a few years ago. After I drove it, negotiated a good price etc, I told my wife I was going to pull the trigger and buy it the next day. She said before you do that, she was pregnant with our third child and she would now prefer a SUV. So my car got put on the backburner.

Fast forward to 2017, I was ready to buy a VF SV6. I drove it, liked it but was a little underwhelmed.

Something was missing...

As I was sitting in the SV6 at the dealership talking to the salesman and there were a couple of guys test driving a SS. I couldn't stop listening to the noise.

I went home, my wife said 'how did it go?' I told her it was good but I think I would prefer the V8.

She asked me what the difference in price was and I told her. Her reply was 'you have always wanted one, you only live once so just go and do it'.

Needless to say I took the Redline for a spin and loved it.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
I originally was going to buy a VE SV6 brand new a few years ago. After I drove it, negotiated a good price etc, I told my wife I was going to pull the trigger and buy it the next day. She said before you do that, she was pregnant with our third child and she would now prefer a SUV. So my car got put on the backburner.

Fast forward to 2017, I was ready to buy a VF SV6. I drove it, liked it but was a little underwhelmed.

Something was missing...

As I was sitting in the SV6 at the dealership talking to the salesman and there were a couple of guys test driving a SS. I couldn't stop listening to the noise.

I went home, my wife said 'how did it go?' I told her it was good but I think I would prefer the V8.

She asked me what the difference in price was and I told her. Her reply was 'you have always wanted one, you only live once so just go and do it'.

Needless to say I took the Redline for a spin and loved it.

Yeah if my financial situation permitted it I would definitely be driving around in a Redline myself =P

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Yeah if my financial situation permitted it I would definitely be driving around in a Redline myself =P

Financially, a SV6 would have been a smarter decision, but in this case the heart overruled the head.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Financially, a SV6 would have been a smarter decision, but in this case the heart overruled the head.
I bet you smile everyday, as a result of going with your heart too.;)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
**** resale is my wife bargaining tool and to be honest I think sv6 values are near 20k nowadays, only thing I hate with V8 is the registration cost misses 2.5 tonnes Prado is half the cost.