Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I’m not sure Holden offered a flat bottom wheel in that leather?..doesn’t mean it’s a cheapie tho.
Here is the Holden one with paddles that they offered and I had optioned on our wagon and ute. It too has some perforations but is supple and a bit firmer than the Calais (has more of a sports feel while the Calais feels more luxury as you would expect) and it’s a bit darker in colour than the Calais...both feel chunky and really comfortable.

Hmm. I’ll give the steering wheel a good clean-up and conditioning today. Let’s see if that improves the situation. Else I’ll go for a replacement. Anyone on here tried the Carbon Fibre steering from body kits kingdom?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/vf-carb...Gen:VF&hash=item215e50fb97:g:bxoAAOSw7EJdzseR

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
The controller does not change any engine performance aspect. It only reduces the lag built into the throttle circuit. So unless you get super aggressive AFTER installing the throttle controller - there shouldn’t be any negative impact on the engine itself. I doubt if the throttle body health will remain the same though. May be the experts can correct me on this - but these devices increase the rate & speed of throttle body actuations. But hey I’ll take that as a compromise to get to that ‘holy mother of god’ feeling when I step on the pedal ;)
Oh okay, too be honest I CBF going through all the posts to find which one is the best one.
Rev high do the throttle controler?
Idrive?
What are the other ones?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Oh okay, too be honest I CBF going through all the posts to find which one is the best one.
Rev high do the throttle controler?
Idrive?
What are the other ones?

Mace, Stealth (Revhigh), iDrive & Hikeit seem to be popular ones. I have the Hikeit on my car.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have you given setting #9 a crack yet? I'm interested to know your thoughts on that and whether the stock auto tune changes from the increased throttle response as much as my tuned auto did.
BTW both my cars are tuned and the throttle controller still made a big difference in throttle response.

Imoengnr's reasons aside, obviously the the OTR & tune gives you more power and torque. The throttle controller doesn't. It just removes the built in lag. But it certainly feels like it has more torque.

Not yet! 6 max so far...
Its been a very damp start to Autumn.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Spot on. The throttle controller will make the car feels more snapier/ready to go as it's opening the throttle blade earlier and also opening it to 100%. In auto's, correct me if I'm wrong, but the auto adapts to your driving, I.e throttle inputs, hence why your auto is staying in sports mode as such.

At the end of the day, you have felt something and that's all that matters. I'm going to try one on my manual as I'm not a fan of the doughy throttle pedal feeling, plus i forgot to ask my tuner to spice up my throttle when i got it tuned a few years back.
Yeah I suspect there's an element of that. But I also think the tuned auto is quicker to jump into performace mode. Simce installing the throttle controller, I can virtually get into performance mode at will. It's awesome fun on twisty downhill runs.;)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah I suspect there's an element of that. But I also think the tuned auto is quicker to jump into performace mode. Simce installing the throttle controller, I can virtually get into performance mode at will. It's awesome fun on twisty downhill runs.;)

I have noticed the same thing, but mine isn't in Sports mode very often.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Given that PerfMode’s enablement occurs due to enthusiastic throttle usage, and these devices make the ECU observe more enthusiastic throttle usage, I guess it’s no surprise you’d see PerfMode more often with one installed. :)