Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I agree with what you're saying, but when buying second hand I've never been one to get hung up on k's, it's a matter of being patience and hunting down the cars that have been looked after.

Plenty of owner's don't have any choice but to use their pride and joy as a daily and accumulate kilometres, and it's those of them that are proud of their rides and look after them that I target.

They usually won't be asking the big bucks, and you're more likely to get a well looked after car at a fair price.

For example, if I was in the market and one of your cars came up for sale with high k's, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

The other very important thing, if you are not experienced in checking a car over before you buy, always pay a professional to do it for you, don't hand your cash over until you a reasonably sure of what you are getting.

Yes, I agree the way a car has been looked after has greater priority than km's in fact, I had a look at a VF GTS a mate of mine wanted to buy a few years ago, it was full of red dirt covered in stone chips but had done only 6,500km's at the price you'd pay for a mint one, a car that would need to be super cheap to consider it despite it's low km's. On the other hand, I had a look at an FG Falcon for someone with 130,000km's and the car was mint and could've wound the odometer back to 60,000km's and no one would question it.

It's more the VF mentality that it's a collectable no matter the condition, it's worth good money amazes me. There's some serious high km junk V8's out there for sale with ridiculously inflated prices and looking at the pictures of them, the general condition is average to poor for the asking price.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have nothing more to add, but that dash-cam thread sitting at the top of the thread-list needed to be rectified.

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
after almost 10 years my roof lining is saging. any one elses starting to do that?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
after almost 10 years my roof lining is saging. any one elses starting to do that?
Is it different stuff in the ute?
I think in the sedan & wagon it's all one big moulded/shaped piece, but in the ute maybe it's still the old approach of a piece of cloth glued in place somehow?

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I had mine replaced under warranty in 2016. It got damaged by water getting in where the grommet was leaking for the wires to the high mounted stop light.
It's been good ever since. Have you checked for any water getting in?

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
no, but my car is 9 years and 4 months old from new, so either way i gotta get it fixed and paid. but theres no stains or anything. how could you tell?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dunno if the install process is similar, but the guy I've used for years to service our cars did the lining on our VS when it started doing that, it only cost us a few hundred bucks supplied & fitted (on top of the standard yearly service). Not worth the fsck-around to DIY if it's that sorta of moulah to get someone to do it, especially if removal of the old stuff is as messy & degraded-insulation-dusty-fluff as others have reported (again - not necessarily with a VF - the VS lining was apparently glued to an insulation which would degrade & as well as giving the lining nothing solid to stick-to would result in all sorts of fluff/dust coming out when the old lining was removed).