Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Resale Value

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That's some pretty impressive management of purchase & sale prices there. :)
Especially the MY14!

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
if want to make your money invest it if you want to enjoy your money spend it simple cars have never held value some more than others I have a 10 year old Ford Fairmont 7k for a car that was sold new for $40k

Graham downunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
I bought a demo VF Calais V V8 wagon from interstate with 1,315 KLM that had not been registered till I bought it I got it for $45,000 delivered to my door with three months interstate rego . The saving was well and truly worth it ,about 15% depreciation occurs as soon as you buy it . I would not be surprised to see it hold a value of about $30 plus in three years but that does not worry me as I tend to keep cars ,bikes trucks etc forever, I have two boys one on p plates and one about to get his leaner so I'm sure they will enjoy it when the time comes .I did however just convert it LPG ,so instead of paying $1.45 / litre for 95 I pay about $0.60 per / litre . You do notice that when petrol goes up everyone is looking for a cheap car to run will pay more for an LPG car particularly V8 on LPG ,my VZ on LPG costs about the same on log as a Toyota Corrola to run .

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
I did however just convert it LPG
I've toyed with the idea of converting to LPG when I get my SS. Since you've done it could you answer a few Q's for me?
  • What system did you get and how much did it cost fully installed?
  • Any idea how it affects the new car warranty?
  • Approx how many KMs did you get from a tank before conversion VS now on Gas?
  • Any noticable performance loss/gain?
  • What does a full tank of LPG cost and how far do you get?

Many thanks!

Graham downunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
Chookah you can look at my post V8 on log ,but answer you here
Same system that HSV uses
Cost about $4,000
Hard to tell as yet if there is much difference as different driving conditions but I suspect it will use about 10% more
I cannot tell any difference in performance ,but hell I want to keep my Licence and its hard enough when I have a few fast motorbikes .
I did 320 kms and used 47.74 litres in mainly outer urban freeway conditions ,but some suburban work driving kids to school .
It cost about $28 so you can say it costs about 8-11 cents per Klm .

Hope that helps you .

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Chookah you can look at my post V8 on log ,but answer you here
Same system that HSV uses
Cost about $4,000
Hard to tell as yet if there is much difference as different driving conditions but I suspect it will use about 10% more
I cannot tell any difference in performance ,but hell I want to keep my Licence and its hard enough when I have a few fast motorbikes .
I did 320 kms and used 47.74 litres in mainly outer urban freeway conditions ,but some suburban work driving kids to school .
It cost about $28 so you can say it costs about 8-11 cents per Klm .

Hope that helps you .

In litres per 100Km terms I figure that's about 15 litres per 100Km. In dollar terms it's a bit less (ie cheaper to run) than my little Fiesta I use to commute which typically costs say $50 to travel at least 420 Kms or so (usually fill up with about 35 litres for 420 to 460 Km or so between refills).