Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF S1 redline buzzing noise in speakers

shaklane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Redline sedan
Hi Team, I'm new to the group, hoping you can help me, please. VF S1 redline sedan recently started getting a buzzing noise through the speakers intermittently. when it's happening, it gets worse when the blinkers are on or breaks are on. any advice or wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
might be a voltage/alternator issue.
how old is the battery?

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Try investigating the amp too - faulty one will also cause buzzing at random times.

shaklane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Redline sedan
might be a voltage/alternator issue.
how old is the battery?
Hi mate, thanks for the advice. Battery is just under 2 years. issue only seems to be happening with right side speakers but will run some tests on voltage and alternator as well. thanks again.

shaklane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Redline sedan
Try investigating the amp too - faulty one will also cause buzzing at random times.
Hi, thanks, will check the connections to the amp and maybe do an upgrade whilst im at it. will let you all know what the root cause was when i find it

XM Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S1 Redline
Hi Team, I'm new to the group, hoping you can help me, please. VF S1 redline sedan recently started getting a buzzing noise through the speakers intermittently. when it's happening, it gets worse when the blinkers are on or breaks are on. any advice or wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, Just wondering if you've managed to sort the issue, I have the exact same issue and it's sending us CRAZY!
Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hi, Just wondering if you've managed to sort the issue, I have the exact same issue and it's sending us CRAZY!
Cheers
@shaklane hasnt been seen since 19 Sept 2022 and only made 3 posts, all within this thread.

As he hasn't come back to update the thread over the last almopst 10 months, doubt you'd get an answer from him.