Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat-Nav Aftermarket

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I also believe this to be true. Unlike the VE

jhsg

Reaction score
I did extensive research into buying a nav equipped unit from a write off and installing in my SS. The end result was it is a no-go.

The good one from all the research is this one:

Holden Mylink Integrated Navigation System

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Even the dashes can't just be just swapped, I've got Ultimate Conversion Wiring trying to crack the VF dashes code so I can put a colour SS-V dash in my SV6.

Bugger Cashie. I have been on the lookout for a SS-V dash cluster as well and thought it was to be plug and play. Please keep us informed.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Bugger Cashie. I have been on the lookout for a SS-V dash cluster as well and thought it was to be plug and play. Please keep us informed.

Will do mate. When Justin gets some time to do some testing he should have it cracked, he's got it mostly working just one or two issues left to resolve. I've sent him my SS-V dash to work on and test with.

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Ouch! How well does it work? Bugs?
works great. for now no bugs.
I got even extra video input so i will install second camera on car so i can use it as a rearview mirror as in ute is hard to see.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Has anyone here or overseas managed to mirror a smartphone onto the mylink display? Then you could just use a smartphone nav app.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
works great. for now no bugs.
I got even extra video input so i will install second camera on car so i can use it as a rearview mirror as in ute is hard to see.

Have you got a video to show up how well it works etc? Do you know where the dealer sourced it from?

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Have you got a video to show up how well it works etc? Do you know where the dealer sourced it from?

i order camera so still waiting to get it so i can connect. the guy was at my place but i forgot. ill ask next time when i go to service (next week) i had a number but my old phone die.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV

All the intergrated nav units are the same it just depeneds if you get an old version or a new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXeEee0JA4 this is a video from JHP and its the old version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf59m3YITyY this one advanced ice and is the newer one as you can see it switches back to main screen when useing the radio buttons or vol and also uses the home button to switch on verses the hangup button in the old and doesnt not switch when changing vol both exactly the same in terms on navigation operation and of course the cost on who is fitting the product so at the end of the day shop around and find a place your happy with price as well service
hope that helps