Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Coil Over Kits

Scott ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
H&R and KW are my preferred options.
Hi panhead
I read that you have kw coilovers in your ute, how do you find the ride comfort with the height you have got it set at, is it harsh or rigid. Cheers Scott

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hi panhead
I read that you have kw coilovers in your ute, how do you find the ride comfort with the height you have got it set at, is it harsh or rigid. Cheers Scott

Mine are as hard as with basically no give and I have them in my AMG set the same way.

You can feel every imperfection in the road.

The AMG was setup with the track in mind.

The fellow who installed them in the Ute mainly only does track setups and not street cars and when he asked me how I wanted them I said handling not comfort and it took him 2 days to set them the way he wanted and if the corners are smooth it's like being on rails.

I could have them backed right off with comfort in mind but these cars are not daily drives so I'm happy to keep them the way they are.

How comfortable their comfort setting is I can't tell you as I've never had them set that way but from what others tell me you can make them feel as soft as the OEM spring sets.

Scott ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
Mine are as hard as with basically no give and I have them in my AMG set the same way.

You can feel every imperfection in the road.

The AMG was setup with the track in mind.

The fellow who installed them in the Ute mainly only does track setups and not street cars and when he asked me how I wanted them I said handling not comfort and it took him 2 days to set them the way he wanted and if the corners are smooth it's like being on rails.

I could have them backed right off with comfort in mind but these cars are not daily drives so I'm happy to keep them the way they are.

How comfortable their comfort setting is I can't tell you as I've never had them set that way but from what others tell me you can make them feel as soft as the OEM spring sets.

Thanks for the reply, what I was after was a was a ride height the same as yours but still maintaining the factory ride comfort in my vf2 redline ute but not sure if this is possible. I had kings/bilstien combo I'm my old Ve ute. With the lowered height in the Ve it looked great and the handling was awesome but the ride was harsh for my liking. Thanks for the info