Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf Series 2 Front bumper insert removal

rinkson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF International
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knew how to take off the chrome bumper inserts on the front of the series 2 vf. Also the side “vents”?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knew how to take off the chrome bumper inserts on the front of the series 2 vf. Also the side “vents”?
Firstly, why do you want to remove it? The side vents are easy enough , just need to get some kind of plastic/credit card wrapped with a thin material to protect the paint and slide it down at the top of the vent between the guard and the vent and push down a clip, it been a while since I've done it so maybe see if you can find a YouTube clip , the SS /SSV trims are a bit tricky as all the clips are very brittle and tend to break and I can't give you any advice but i have heard you can use something thin like a Lolly pop stick but thinner and slide it in from the inside/back of the trim to release the clips , you will have to remove the bumper to access the clips. I imagine it's been done plenty times judging by how many people have swapped it out for black trim. I don't know what second hand chrome trim would be worth if you wanted to sell it or even keep it, it might just be easiest to literally rip it off and just break all the clips. I just checked the prices of chrome trim and they have all doubled since i did my trim so it might be worth trying to remove it carefully,
This what the clip look like and need to be levered either up/down {not sure} while pulling on the front of the trim to release them.
20240517_075957.jpg

Last edited:

rinkson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF International
Firstly, why do you want to remove it? The side vents are easy enough , just need to get some kind of plastic/credit card wrapped with a thin material to protect the paint and slide it down at the top of the vent between the guard and the vent and push down a clip, it been a while since I've done it so maybe see if you can find a YouTube clip , I assume the evoke trim is same as SS /SSV trim as the front trims are a bit tricky as all the clips are very brittle and tend to break and I can't give you any advice but i have heard you can use something thin like a Lolly pop stick but thinner and slide it in from the inside/back of the trim to release the clips , you will have to remove the bumper to access the clips. I imagine it's been done plenty times judging by how many people have swapped it out for black trim. I don't know what second hand chrome trim would be worth if you wanted to sell it or even keep it, it might just be easiest to literally rip it off and just break all the clips. I just checked the prices of chrome trim and they have all doubled since i did my trim so it might be worth trying to remove it carefully,
This what the clip look like and need to be levered either up/down {not sure} while pulling on the front of the trim to release them.
View attachment 268180
Wanted to replace the front trim with the black trim as I’ve recently got a black edition on Facebook and it had the chrome trim instead. Guy said he had to replace the front bumper so I’m guessing he didn’t want to get blacked out trim for cost