Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Maloo front and rear bumper

Jake.a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf ute
Hey everyone, I’m new to to this. I was just wondering where I’d be able to find a front and rear vf maloo bumper, and would i be able to install them on my vf series 1 Ute?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
There are a few issues with this , firstly finding said bumper's for a price less than the price of a small nation, even S2 front bumpers are getting hard to come by and aren't cheap. Secondly i believe there is an issue with the wiring harness and getting the DRL's to work correctly, and thirdly, SV6

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
....and thirdly, SV6

I was thinking the same, that's a fair chunk of cash to spend on an SV6.

I'd rather sell the SV6 and use the money for the bars to purchase an SSV.

Last edited:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I was thinking the same, that's a fair chuck of cash to spend on an SV6.

In saying that, id rather an SV6 with a Maloo facia conversion instead of the usual P Plate special of X Force exhaust/muffler delete......

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I was thinking the same, that's a fair chunk of cash to spend on an SV6.

In my day, driving a "girls car" unless you borrowed your mum/sister/girlfriend's car was the major act of wa&kerism and second to that, was making cars with the wrong engines look like the sports variant. 6 cylinder Torana's made to look like an A9X etc.

Although I could probably Maloo my Redline Ute and fool most with a bodgie build plate that it's a genuine Maloo. But raised with the anti- wa&kerism rule still stops me doing something like that today.

A few young blokes have asked me why I didn't lower my SV6 wagon more, fit a big set of staggered 20" wheels with quad exhaust tips out the back? Why, so I can look like a wa&ker with a hot looking SSV wagon and wrong engine in it. No thanks!!

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
In my day, driving a "girls car" unless you borrowed your mum/sister/girlfriend's car was the major act of wa&kerism and second to that, was making cars with the wrong engines look like the sports variant. 6 cylinder Torana's made to look like an A9X etc.

Although I could probably Maloo my Redline Ute and fool most with a bodgie build plate that it's a genuine Maloo but raised with the anti wa&kerism rule of something like that still stops doing so today.

A few young blokes have asked me why I didn't lower my SV6 wagon more, fit a big set of staggered 20" wheels with quad exhaust tips out the back? Why, so I can look like a wa&ker with a hot looking SSV wagon and wrong engine in it. No thanks!!

I have to agree, I’ve always felt the car is what it is and trying to make it look like something else is in most cases a fail.

When I sit back and think what I should do to enhance the look of my cars, the first thing that always comes to mind is a good detail, which will make any car regardless of its variant and if it’s modded or not, look good.

The second thing is rim choice, if it’s fortunate enough to be factory fitted with nice rims then the job is already done, if not then width is always nice but design and colour choice is far more important.

It’s the same for black outs, they really suit some colours and chrome better suits others.

Other than a good stance and I’m a man who loves a rake and will never lose that 70’s vibe, I’ve never seen the need to add a body kit that doesn’t belong.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
When I sit back and think what I should do to enhance the look of my cars, the first thing that always comes to mind is a good detail, which will make any car regardless of its variant and if it’s modded or not, look good.

The second thing is rim choice, if it’s fortunate enough to be factory fitted with nice rims then the job is already done, if not then width is always nice but design and colour choice is far more important.

It’s the same for black outs, they really suit some colours and chrome better suits others.

Other than a good stance and I’m a man who loves a rake and will never lose that 70’s vibe, I’ve never seen the need to add a body kit that doesn’t belong.
Yes, that's my exact approach and you've raised a couple of interesting points with chrome and rake.

I've never owned or enhanced the appearance of a blue car, most of mine have been red and a couple white and metallic grey. After detailing the blue SV6 wagon I bought recently and lowering it an inch all round and I'll refer to rake here, I didn't lower the back like many do with VF's leaving the front end too high. Although the car looked good fundamentally, it didn't look right and there was something off about it.

The 18" wheels are too small on a VF wagon and I swapped the stock SV6 wheels to VF2 Calais V 19's. Virtually the same as SSV and MY17 SS wheels except the Calias wheels are coated in a gloss clear, SSV wheels are a matte clear coat, no shine or glitter factor.

The MY16 SV6 wagon has the chrome bumper trim, guard vents and strip across the tailgate and black window trim and normally, I'd fit the black out trim like the MY17 Redlines. But on this Slipstream Blue, the chrome looks good, so I fitted the chrome Calias or early SSV window trim to match in properly, particularly with the chrome tailgate strip. After a bit darker window re-tint, the car to me looks right, not over the top or hot rodded or made to look like a V8 that it's not, but dialed in to look as it should, I think!

20230523_155005.jpg

20230902_162609.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yes, that's my exact approach and you've raised a couple of interesting points with chrome and rake.

I've never owned or enhanced the appearance of a blue car, most of mine have been red and a couple white and metallic grey. After detailing the blue SV6 wagon I bought recently and lowering it an inch all round and I'll refer to rake here, I didn't lower the back like many do with VF's leaving the front end too high. Although the car looked good fundamentally, it didn't look right and there was something off about it.

The 18" wheels are too small on a VF wagon and I swapped the stock SV6 wheels to VF2 Calais V 19's. Virtually the same as SSV and MY17 SS wheels except the Calias wheels are coated in a gloss clear, SSV wheels are a matte clear coat, no shine or glitter factor.

The MY16 SV6 wagon has the chrome bumper trim, guard vents and strip across the tailgate and black window trim and normally, I'd fit the black out trim like the MY17 Redlines. But on this Slipstream Blue, the chrome looks good, so I fitted the chrome Calias or early SSV window trim to match in properly, particularly with the chrome tailgate strip. After a bit darker window re-tint, the car to me looks right, not over the top or hot rodded or made to look like a V8 that it's not, but dialed in to look as it should, I think!

The chrome trim and rims suit the car, and of course it is its presentation that makes it stand out.

It's a simple, understated and well cared for look.