Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My wife bought a new street directory just before Christmas and I reminded her that her BMW has a trick satnav thing in it. She said, "I can't be bothered messing around with that crap". I've never used satnav either!

We were talking about using street directories on the weekend.

I was travelling around the Gold Coast looking at property and the number of times the SatNav in the Ute was going mental because it thought I was driving through open fields was ridiculous.

The same along the stretch of freeway around Coffs Harbour, the Sat Nav was so out of date it kept telling me I was in a restrictive area and to make an emergency U-Turn.

I had to turn off the voice prompt to shut up the constant chatter.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
You can still get street directories?
I found a 2010 Melways in the workshop a couple of days ago...

I still have one each for Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle & the NSW Central Coast.

On the weekend I could have used a few of the 'Strip Maps' you used to get free from the NRMA, Golden Fleece, Ampol and those kind places.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
They did for a very long time, I was just wondering whether it's still there.
No, not for over 10 years.

The Bligh ALP govt scrapped it years ago....understandably there was uproar when this was first proposed. Bligh said trust us (haha) and promised that they wouldn’t sit back and watch Qld get ripped off due to large state/remote areas and we wouldn’t return to the bad old days of Qld having the most expensive fuel in the nation.

Well of course she axed it, then got booted and we’ve paid pretty much the highest averages ever since. Saw some figures just a week ago which showed NT has been most expensive (I don't recall over what time period) but Qld came in second.

You‘d have to have a very low IQ to ever believe such a ‘promise‘ from a politician.

And what is Bligh the battlers hero doing now? Since 2017 she has been CEO of the Australian Bankers Association…you will see her on the tellie defending the poor banks every time they’re accused of making indecent profits. The height of hypocrisy!…why go into bat for the battlers when you can earn far greater $$$ by sticking up for the banks.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You‘d have to have a very low IQ to ever believe such a ‘promise‘ from a politician.
You’d have to have a low IQ to believe any politician :rolleyes:

Yet that one politician who has had a civil conviction for rape and defamation against the lady he rapped got the ticket to run because low IQ helps people think of him as the new messiah :eek:

Can’t legislate away liars and stupidity …. SSDD o_O

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
You can still get street directories?
My wife found an updated SA version to replace her old 2007 edition. I didn't notice what year the new one is.
I was travelling around the Gold Coast looking at property and the number of times the SatNav in the Ute was going mental because it thought I was driving through open fields was ridiculous.
The VF maps are pretty old now and it's like the speed limit display on the HUD isn't accurate anymore.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
My wife found an updated SA version to replace her old 2007 edition. I didn't notice what year the new one is.

The VF maps are pretty old now and it's like the speed limit display on the HUD isn't accurate anymore.
Yep - one of the benefits of getting rid of mylink is not having the incorrect speed limit in the dash - as well as having built in satnav!