Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Mufflers on an SV6

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone would recommend sticking a pair of SS mufflers on my VF SV6?
I've heard its the best way to get a better sound. Anyone know where I could get a set? Holden dealers still stocking them?
If anyone is in Melbourne and knows where I can pick some up that would be much appreciated!
Also with install, I've heard its just a bolt on, so I could do it myself in the driveway?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone would recommend sticking a pair of SS mufflers on my VF SV6?
I've heard its the best way to get a better sound. Anyone know where I could get a set? Holden dealers still stocking them?
If anyone is in Melbourne and knows where I can pick some up that would be much appreciated!
Also with install, I've heard its just a bolt on, so I could do it myself in the driveway?
When I had our 2015 SV6 I tried both NON and AFM Muffllers from a SS and I use the AFM Mufflers (2 in one pipe) as it gave the 6 cyl a deeper tone. Now the NON AFM Mufflers used on the V8 we good but had slight DRONE and they are in a very, very good condition. I still have them. I tried to use the NON AFM as you have two pipe going in the Muffler but the Slight drone bother me when laboring the motor. THE NON AFM Mufflers has 2 rear pipe like the NON AFM but the Difference is NON AFM has 2 pipe going inside the mufflers. I hope i got this Correct.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes Just jack one side up a little. Do you have Flange?

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Yes Just jack one side up a little. Do you have Flange?
Hey mate thanks for the info. I believe my one is flanged.

here’s some photos (see attached)

also would one like this be good
B26EE8F0-3133-449B-841F-543FF8DEACFE.png

Attachments

• F10F17C7-52F7-4F45-BFF0-574E21B21B9F.jpeg
    F10F17C7-52F7-4F45-BFF0-574E21B21B9F.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 187
  • D1EF3DF0-1807-40E6-949B-D41F9BB582C9.png
    D1EF3DF0-1807-40E6-949B-D41F9BB582C9.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 178

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I've heard a catless VF2 SV6 with a stock exhaust and sounded good, not loud but notey as if it had a quiet after market bolt on. It was surprising how much the cats dampen the exhaust note. Obviously I heard it on the dyno as no one would dare drive a catless car on the road.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
I've heard a catless VF2 SV6 with a stock exhaust and sounded good, not loud but notey as if it had a quiet after market bolt on. It was surprising how much the cats dampen the exhaust note. Obviously I heard it on the dyno as no one would dare drive a catless car on the road.
Yeah I want to have cats and keep genuine mufflers. Hence the reason for wanting SS ones

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Yeah I want to have cats and keep genuine mufflers. Hence the reason for wanting SS ones
I don't know how much the stock SV6 mufflers dampen the sound potential as you wouldn't expect a cat delete to sound much different with a stock exhaust. Personally, I'd avoid mimicking a V8 with 4 outlets on a V6 and use the single outlet V8 muffler and cut the Y pipe off if it's a bit louder with a better note. I've gutted single outlet V8 mufflers and used a perforated tube packed with fibreglass and they sound great retaining the stock look and fitment.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
okay I’m probably looking at finding an AFM SS muffler. Will the VE ones be the exact same as the VF?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you could put bimodals on if you wanted more noise but factory equipment

s-l800.webp