Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf SS wagon exhaust

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Hey Ryan

I had a manta 2 1/2 mild steel system fitted about three months ago. Cat back through to hot dogs then rear mufflers. No front muffler. I don't reckon it drones. You will pick when the AFM kicks in though it's noticable. You lose the exhaust note to a "tinnier" sound. If you just feather the throttle it will deactivate and return to the V8 note/ burble. Happens on the highway when cruising around 90 to 100 Ks.

I'm stoked with the sound of my car. Sounds good at idle and awesome if you put the foot into it. Loud enough without any crackle and pop on deceleration which I hate.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I ended up with a full HM setup on my ute - 1 7/8" headers, cats to match and a twin 3" vband all in stainless - hotdogs up front and mufflers at the back. I was advised there would be a very slight amount of resonance at 1800-2k rpm (which there is, very slight) with the 3" but the 2.5" setups are guaranteed to be drone free (I notice the drone less as there's not much of a cabin for the sound to resonate in, unlike a wagon). Sounds very nice.

On a wagon (that has a huge cabin for sound to resonate in) you want to stick to a 2.5" from a reputable brand - it seems the ones that run a H-pipe drone the least (so Manta/HM/ I think DiFilippo run a H). I was almost sold on a Manta setup but I got a price I couldn't refuse for a whole package from Tekno Performance.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Ryan the bi-modals are the best option, next best and simpler is a Helmholtz chamber. However proper sound insulation goes a long way in the wagon. See thread here.
Class 4 towbar also makes a difference.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Pir4te I've been looking at hsv bi model exhausts the one I've found has funny tips ( ones straight the other is bent) what can be done about that? Will look very odd on a wagon

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Drone? What drone? With me it's either a car load of screaming kids or if they aren't there I'm blasting Pantera :rockon:

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Ebm= electronic body music cross between black metal and techno distorted vocals bassy beats