Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS wheels

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The rims in the OP’s pic are the 19” that became standard on the MY17 SS and were previously on the MY16 CalaisV….i think???
The silver 5 spoke 18's were standard on the MY16 SV6 and SS. The OP's wheels are MY16 SSV and carried over to the MY17 SS. The Calais V 19's same design are a slightly lighter grey inserts with a gloss clear coat.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But given they already have a machined/polished finish on the face I think the OP was wanting to have a machined/polished finish on, what finish is the OP wanting?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
But given they already have a machined/polished finish on the face I think the OP was wanting to have a machined/polished finish on, what finish is the OP wanting?
The OP's wheels have a satin/matte clear coat and although machined/polished, they're not shiny perhaps?

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
The OP's wheels have a satin/matte clear coat and although machined/polished, they're not shiny perhaps?
Exactly - was wanting to brighten the underlying character a bit to better match in with vents etc - the clear cost is not gloss and machine finish looks to be a dull silver…but, I’m rethinking my approach and may retain the existing silver, but darken the inserts. Sounds fiddky I know, but prep work will be easier x 10z

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Exactly - was wanting to brighten the underlying character a bit to better match in with vents etc - the clear cost is not gloss and machine finish looks to be a dull silver…but, I’m rethinking my approach and may retain the existing silver, but darken the inserts. Sounds fiddky I know, but prep work will be easier x 10z
Yes, you could remove the clear coat from the machined area and buff the surface and then re-coat the whole wheel in gloss clear.

I found some mint Calais/Caprice wheels for my SV6 wagon because of the gloss clear coat providing a bit more bling than the SSV wheels.

20230902_162551.jpg

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Yes, you could remove the clear coat from the machined area and buff the surface and then re-coat the whole wheel in gloss clear.

I found some mint Calais/Caprice wheels for my SV6 wagon because of the gloss clear coat providing a bit more bling than the SSV wheels.

View attachment 266436
They are nice wheels, not over stated but still classy. Those little cross hatches - I could see them a deep black or even car colour but I think there’s a fine line

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Anyone got some pics of the SS variant of this wheel. Some close ups maybe.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Was wondering the same thing.
From my research there are 3 variants to these rims. The only difference between them being the paint colour and paint finish inside the spokes. All have a clear coated machined face
Yep i believe so also after going through all this with a couple of Holden dealers when I was trying to find a spare one for my old SS ute

92274138 - lighter grey (the one i had on my ute)
92274140 - matte grey / black ( Holden called this 'Dark Android')
92285196 - Gunmetal metallic for the Calais / Caprice V

For reference , here's the 138 ones on my old ute :

1712528585405.jpeg

1712527366241.jpeg

1712527289772.png

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
92507900 is the part number I had for the light coloured version. Maybe there is 4 variants. I've got the light version on my 17 calais V and want the wheels with darker inserts so it's closer in colour to the car which is phantom