Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV knocking sound rear end/drivetrain on initial load from stationary

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Yeah good point, might as well seeing as I'm nearly at the 70 000km mark. It's due for a service in a few weeks, so if it doesn't get any worse I'll probably wait until then.
Hope it's as easy as replacing diff oil let us know how you get on

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Yeah me too Hq. I jacked it up yesterday, no leaks that I could see around the diff, stabilizer bar and all other suspension component fixings seemed tight and nothing looked damaged. I'll report back once I've had the service and checked/replaced the diff oil.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Yeah me too Hq. I jacked it up yesterday, no leaks that I could see around the diff, stabilizer bar and all other suspension component fixings seemed tight and nothing looked damaged. I'll report back once I've had the service and checked/replaced the diff oil.
Hey jono just inquiring what was the outcome with the diff

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Hey jono just inquiring what was the outcome with the diff
Getting the car serviced in a week and a half's time, so will get them to check it out then. It's either not doing it so much now, or I just can't hear it as much since putting sports mufflers on.