Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Brembos fit WN2 Caprice?

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
Hey just wanting to know if VF2 SSV Redline brembos front and rear will fit a wn2 caprice?

And will they fit with the factory wheels for the caprice? Edit: this is for offset and clearance not wheel size I know I need at least 19 which factory wn2 are.

And is it worth upgrading to the redline brake booster?

I’ve asked this in Facebook pages and haven’t gotten a straight answer. Only given information about vf1 silver brembos. Or that caddilac brakes fit but no one managed to actually answer the question I put forward. So I am asking here.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The only thing I do know is that the red Brembos are the same as the silver ones; in case that helps.

I’d be slightly surprised if the fronts clear the calipers.

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
The only thing I do know is that the red Brembos are the same as the silver ones; in case that helps.

Hi.
I own a Redline and I know that you need 19 inch rims as a minimum to clear the calipers.

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
Hi.
I own a Redline and I know that you need 19 inch rims as a minimum to clear the calipers.
The factory caprice size is 19 so I’ve got that it’s more clearance and offset.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I fitted bembos to a ve ss. They are a bolt on. You however will have to cut the dust shields to fit the larger rotors. I did not change the brake booster. It is unlikely the factory wheels will fit, it's not the wheel size that is the problem but the offset. Cadillac calipers are the same. i used 18 inch wheels.

Last edited:

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina

Isn’t there a size difference between front and rear

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
I fitted bembos to a ve ss. They are a bolt on. You however will have to cut the dust shields to fit the larger rotors. I did not change the brake booster. It is unlikely the factory wheels will fit, it's not the wheel size that is the problem but the offset. Cadillac calipers are the same.
Yeah I meant offset not wheel size

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hi.
You don't need 19 inch wheels, 18 inch will fit provided the offset is right The offset required is 48 mm. Even with 19 inch they will not fit without the correct offset.

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
You don't need 19 inch wheels, 18 inch will fit provided the offset is right The offset required is 48 mm. Even with 19 inch they will not fit without the correct offset.
Looks like offset is 48. From what I can see online