Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Noisy brakes

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
My car has done about 6500kms, ive had it since 4400 and have noticed that after driving for more then 15-20mins at a time that the brakes start to sqeual when pulling up really slowly or really fast.

Ive been told to get a spray that i can put on them to clean them.

They didnt make any noise for the first 1000 or so kms but after driving for about 2 hours straight up in the adelaide hills and home again theyve been doing it.

Could i have warped the rotors?

Any info would be great.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Give them a decent clean with something like CRC Brakleen or Wurth. One drive through the hills shouldn't of cooked the rotors.

R1bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline Ute
You have checked the pads are ok. You never know what has been done before with a second hand car. The previous owner could have been riding the brakes and the pads could be low.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
My rear brembos squeal from a build up of brake dust if I don't keep them clean, assuming you are referring to your fronts, mine don't do that but perhaps check to see if you have factory pads in them or aftermarket, try cleaning the caliper/brake dust out and see if that fixes it, alternatively try re-greasing the pads too.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Don't put grease anywhere near brake pads. A high temp silicon between the pad backing plate and the piston usually stops the squeal.

It's the pad vibrating against the caliper and mostly the pistons that causes the noise

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
I bought the car as a brand new demo, the front pads still have heaps left in them and im assuming they are factory.

Ill try the clean and the silicon on the plate and see how i go.

Cheers for those who offer advice,

much appreciated.