Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV series 1 Leather detaching from under seat frame.

veitchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Had any one experience this ? there are some clips of sorts that roll up under the seat frame and clip in. but they just keep coming undone. Is there a permanent fix for this or has anyone experienced same ?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
This happened to my passenger seat about a year ago. Had it fixed under warranty the dealer replaced the clips.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Had any one experience this ? there are some clips of sorts that roll up under the seat frame and clip in. but they just keep coming undone. Is there a permanent fix for this or has anyone experienced same ?

yes it is a common problem dealer will replace seat base if its still under warranty

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They only use steel clips to hold the seat leather to the base. Dealer fixed my Calais.

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
I noticed mine was detaching on the inner front corners of both front seats (the corner closest to the transmission hump). All it seems to have is some plastic 'bar' around the edge of the leather. I laid down in the footwell with my arS3 hanging out the door and looked at it and the plastic strip seems to clip over a metal bar on the seat base. I reattached it but noticed again this morning that the drivers one is detached again.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i have had mine fixed twice with clips the first time and then with a new seat base that now clicks on corners i have another one on back order its very annoying

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
My first seat had the leather coming off also. They replaced the whole seat base under warranty... once again, it started coming off, so they added the clips (an official revision)... but it started coming off again because they had added the clips after it was already rooted. So, had the seat base replaced again under warranty with the clips from the get-go, so now on my fourth seat (due to a another issue with the whole seat rocking back and forward), it has been ok for about a year.

They are rubbish seats, my passenger seat base has also been replaced once for the same issue when it rarely even gets sat in.

veitchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Awesome, didn't know this would be covered under warranty, glad I paid for additional warranty up to 200k.... ill see the dealer.