Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF calais seat cover / base fix

lowrida56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5ltr
I've got a series 1 vf calais

The front lower seat base keeps releasing where it wraps around the front of the seat

Apparently this was a common problem and lots where replaced under warranty

Has anybody got a fox for it? When I search I see people talking about metal clips that where fitted as an update, can anybody post a picture of what these look like?

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Did my own fix using a pack of foldback clips from office works, think I used 3 per seat, just clip them on once the base trim is in place straight over the top of the plastic locator strip then remove the handles. Havent got pics and hard to see once the seat is refitted (removed seats from car for better access) but is a simple job and holding up 5yrs later.
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...tionery/paper-clips-dispensers/foldback-clips

lowrida56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5ltr
Did my own fix using a pack of foldback clips from office works, think I used 3 per seat, just clip them on once the base trim is in place straight over the top of the plastic locator strip then remove the handles. Havent got pics and hard to see once the seat is refitted (removed seats from car for better access) but is a simple job and holding up 5yrs later.
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...tionery/paper-clips-dispensers/foldback-clips
Sounds like a good way to fix it, ill give it a shot

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
The clips Holden used for the recall were much more brutal than these. They clip the seat cover down HARD to the frame and I was surprised the pleather on my SSV didn't get cut by them.
Guess they knew what they were doing.

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
I took a seat out and it was tight to stretch back. I didnt want to wreck it so took to a auto trimmer. Needed leather conditioner to soak in to let it all relax and then he fixed it up for me. I took one seat at a time and it cost me 100 per seat. Perfect now.

Attachments

• seat before.jpg
    seat before.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 45
  • seat after.jpg
    seat after.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 45

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The clips Holden used for the recall were much more brutal than these. They clip the seat cover down HARD to the frame and I was surprised the pleather on my SSV didn't get cut by them.
Guess they knew what they were doing.
I saw the fix they did to my Calais V back then I thought is was very brutal as the original seat hold down did not attach to the leather trims.