Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF,SSV . Wot value is it having Walkingshaw 407 put on my car and is it worth the money.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My opinion, having 'Walkinshaw' badges on a Commodore devalues it...

Agreed for those in the know.

I was one of the early adopters of the Walkinshaw packages for the VE, in fact about the first in Sydney and they didn't even have the badges available at the time and sent them to me later.

I never fitted them, they are still in the draw where I left them as I didn't want to advertise the fact I'd done my money.

After a few months I took the car to a performance shop and had their head/cam package fitted and tuned right.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
WP use other manufactures parts just with there name on them and added price, so u can do the exact same for much less
Reminds me of the "trick" cam HDT had for the old 5litre EFI Holden engine in the early to mid 90's. It was a Crane 276 with HDT stamped in the back of it for 3 times the price Crane sold them for! They had a "trick" header too that was dear as poison and were HM shelf headers with an HDT plate welded on a primary pipe!

The only modifications I've discovered that can increase the value of a car and I've tested this a few times, are HSV parts and not because they're outstandingly great, but they hold more factory credibility in many cases with less of an aftermarket perception.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah but how cool are these?? :rolleyes:

1685184911798.png

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Walky's marketing is great for emptying your pockets

There are lots of shops that can do what Walky do, using typical, or even better parts for alot less coin

Spend the next few months researching and talking to shops about your goals, your budget, and how "street friendly" you need it

1. Street only
2. Street and strip (do you want a ?? . ??? second car?)
3. Street and track (do you want to run laps)

Don't forget all the parts that you may need to ensure reliability, clutch/transmission, coolers....etc etc etc

Prior planning prevents piss poor performance

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Ok thanks for that. Don't mind going south
I'm north of river does anyone have thoughts who would they trust to do cam package and want to do headers and full exhaust and tuning.
BYE Performance is in welshpool, which is close to the airport

Nicko996

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV MANUEL
All good advice kinda new at this it's just street car maybe driven once a fortnight just need it to be bit different so still looking at cam upgrade and headers plus tune
I've heard all wot you have said and thanks walkingshaw of the table bit more research needed. I'm thinking by Jan next year.