Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF,SSV . Wot value is it having Walkingshaw 407 put on my car and is it worth the money.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
mine is an LS3 with a magnuson supercharger and vcm5SC cam. Stock bottom end, stock tranny, stock stall converter, and stock diff. Daily driver, and has been for nearly 7 years.
We've got a 1000+rwhp VE 6 litre Ute on E85 kicking around with a Magnuson supercharger. The engine has a crank, rods, pistons and camshaft with a Motec M800 ECU. That would spit gearboxes and diffs out with not provocation and hasn't run for a few years but now has a straight cut Pfitzner dog set in a Tremec TR6060, triple plate AP clutch (V8 Supercar type) with a 9" diff conversion in progress. It's the most insane and potentially dangerous car I've driven the way it'll break out in a wild wheel spin and snap sideways at 100 kmph with its seriously crazy horsepower!

This Ute is an '08 VE SS, a bit of a dunger I think we paid 3.5k for it with an engine problem (chopped out cam bearings) and needs a tidy up and paint job. The intention of it was doing some drag racing we haven't done for years when they got the new drag strip up and running at The Bend in SA. The close ratio Pfitzner dog set in the gearbox not only handles more horsepower, but also allows clutchless flat changing with a strain gauge on the gear lever wired to the Motec ECU. Resting on the gear lever activates gear shift ignition cut mode in the ECU momentarily taking load off the engine and creates the pops heard in the Supercars as they likewise flat change on upshifts.

It had metal 100 cell cats on it, part of the Pacemaker header and 3" exhaust and blew the guts out them on the dyno halfway through the tune, chunks of "dead cat" spraying out of the tail pipes!

Last edited:

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Fixed it for you.

True, with added downforce you get drag. When circuit racing though , downforce is god

An F1 car has that much drag that just taking your foot off the gas pedal will slow the car down with more force than many road cars with the brakes applied fully

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute

True, with added downforce you get drag. When circuit racing though , downforce is god

An F1 car has that much drag that just taking your foot off the gas pedal will slow the car down with more force than many road cars with the brakes applied fully
i remember when the walkinshaw vl group commodore group A first came out and what an ugly duckling they were , nick named the plastic pig and slow at around 15 seconds 1/4 times, worth a mint now!!!!!!
i was on the grid at Calder in a hot lj torana in the street car series a four lapper
next to me on the grid was a brand new vl walkinshaw group A
as i glanced across at it on the grid the disc brakes on it looked bigger than my sprint master wheels and tyres combined
i followed it for half a lap till until it had a massive rear brake lock up at the end of calders back straight , it then turned hard right into the dirt and grass infield,
i then chased ( GAINING ON) a SS hatchback to come in second
those were fun days, we drove our cars to the track and raced, only thing we did was change to soft track tyres and avgas
its funny how Brock's infamous director was almost the same colour and had a equally stupid body kit as well
now both are worth a kings ransom

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
its funny how Brock's infamous director was almost the same colour and had a equally stupid body kit as well
now both are worth a kings ransom
For different (actually kinda opposite) reasons though … the Walky for being the start of something, the Brockie for being the end of something (and being fitted with the Nigerian-prince crypto box seals that deal).