Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Subwoofer, Amp and DSP advice

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I spoke to a reputable, local car audio supplier/installer about a shallow box sub install, with a 5-channel (It will be Alpine, using single channel for now, rest to follow) and was advised to add a DSP, due to the way the BOSE amp works in the Redline.

I was told they use HELIX brand DSP. Does anyone have any advice on that German brand? I would appreciate any thoughts on a Helix DSP with Director fitted.

Thanks

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Some guys are using DSP's for sure. I am told the head unit puts out a clean signal. Are you planning on intercepting your signal at the X3 connector at the factory amp? I am currently sourcing some connector pins to build my harnesses for all three of the factory amp connections. I plan to let the factory Bose amp run the center channel only. I will feed the door speakers back through my custom made pigtails into the factory harness. I don't plan on running a ton of watts. B.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I’m having it done for me, but I was unsure if Helix was a good brand.

I don’t have to use the Director, to start, just a sub controller. That will save a lot.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
67DF332D-9C5D-4C3B-B01E-35E76CFB0504.jpeg
DSP was piggyback mounted to Bose amp and Alpine 5-channel mounted next to slimline box. Nice install.

Only need door speakers and Helix Director now. Good building in stages, because will cost me $6000 all up.