Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sunroof Wind deflector

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Hi All, I noticed that my sunroof has a wind deflector that pops up when the roof is open. The deflector seems to rise a little bit too high leaving a gap between the roof and the deflector which causes unnecessary wind noise even if travelling at 60kmH. Is there a known fix to lower it slightly so that air does not get the opportunity to pass under it. I showed it to my dealer and explained the issue however they just claimed that it is the same as all other VF's they have seen and are not aware of a fix. Thanks

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I thought there was a fix to adjust the deflector to lower its height, only downside is it can result in more wind going into the roof lining, I have heard of guys lowering it too much

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I thought there was a fix to adjust the deflector to lower its height, only downside is it can result in more wind going into the roof lining, I have heard of guys lowering it too much

The dealer was not aware of a fix (not surprising) so keen to know if anyone knows of an official fix? Otherwise Im going to add a couple of adhesive rubber spacers to the little metal tabs that stop the deflector. Its only about 3mil that needs to be adjusted.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The dealer was not aware of a fix (not surprising) so keen to know if anyone knows of an official fix? Otherwise Im going to add a couple of adhesive rubber spacers to the little metal tabs that stop the deflector. Its only about 3mil that needs to be adjusted.

Thats what I did in my previous VF Calais. The SS seems fine.