Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 rattling noise issue rear drive side door.

yz23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi, ive started to notice a very annoying rattling sound coming from the right side, it sounds like its coming from the back door.
It happens when i hit a bump. Its like a rattling noise, i cant describe what it sounds like, its like a clunky noise everytime i hit a decent bump.
If im going slow and hitting bumps its noticeable however when i travel on a highway and hit a bump at higher speeds its very very loud.

Best way i can describe where its coming from is, not from the bottom of the rear right door but shoulder height, it sounds like its coming from inside the door
or window area. Ive taken a mechanic for a drive and he wasnt able locate it. Ive taken people for a drive and they applied pressure on the side door panels it
was still there. So i assume its something inside, maybe a door sealing or something.

I thought i was a little bit paranoid but it wasnt there when i first got the car. Any help would be appreciated.

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
As previously mentioned in another thread that if windows are tinted, some people can be abit of a brute when refitting the door trims and break the clips could be one of those broken off?

y3z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF SV6
no tinted windows mate.
it sounds like the rear door is lose...

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
tape a bit of electrical tape to the catch on the door. take it for a drive and see if i stops. It fixed my rattle.

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
In the b pillar, there's a connector plug for the seat belt sensor. The connector is knocking against the body frame. U may wanna check urs. It solved the similar rattle I had. But unfortunately I have another rattle in the same area that just surfaced.

y3z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF SV6
In the b pillar, there's a connector plug for the seat belt sensor. The connector is knocking against the body frame. U may wanna check urs. It solved the similar rattle I had. But unfortunately I have another rattle in the same area that just surfaced.

Hey, i took the whole b-pillar off and had a look, there isnt much there. Im not too technical, when you say belt sensor what do you mean by that? And how did you fix it?

Thanks.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i had a rattle type sound from my door all i did was grease up the metal part that the door closes on sorry for not knowing correct name for it haha it could be call a door latch lol

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
If u look under the spool that holds the seat belt strap, u should see a connector. There should already have factory fitted foam around it but its not enough. The corners of the connector can still potentially contact the body. I simply cut out those non slip matt, fold it a few layers n lay it against the body of the car. I will opening up the panel to rectify another rattle. Ill try to take some photos.

y3z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF SV6
thanks mate, photos would be great