Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Warranty

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
HI, with warranty and mods, can i change the brake pads and disc and have the warranty valid?

Also can i do aesthetics like bonnet protector, windows deflector and rear wing?

Thanks

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
I would say ring them and ask about the pads and discs and do what you want with aesthetics

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
That's all fine and will not be an issue...but obviously discs and brake pads from there are your responsibility. If you discs warped or cracked etc. You would be responsible to sort it out with the parts manufacturer rather than Holden. Do it..

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
As Ron said, you can change the pads and rotors and it will not be a problem with warranty. But if there is a failure in a related component and Holden can prove your installed non genuine part caused the failure, then that part will not be covered either. But with brake pads and rotors, you will not have any of those issues.

I replaced my VF SV6 pads with better after market pads, did the same on my VE SV6 also.

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Ok thanks for all that info, I'll will change the discs and pads to something better

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
A good set of pads only can make a huge difference.

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
That's true also, I also had an look at the alliance extended warranty, decided not to take that it seemed in the PDS that it covers nothing haha