Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF USB drive. I have found a winner!!!

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
Joyce Mane has the 32gig one on sale for $16.00 if any one is interested.

Tony.

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
Anyone out there think that the media system is running slow???
I just bought one of these on fleabay. IT ROCKS!!!!! and takes up no room in the console. LOVE IT.

Just a heads up to everyone out there.

Brilliant idea, just got a 128Gb ready for the new car.........thanks for sharing

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
Bought one as well. Terrific the way it is unobtrusive and I am now able to use the centre bin as it should be used. Was always afraid of knocking the original USB if I used the centre console bin.
So thanks for sharing

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I just bought one too.
The profile is perfect for in the console but I suspect it will perform no differently to my other USB.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Not sure why you would want to, I've just loaded 3500 songs on a 32GB stick and have 10GB left over ...

I could have my whole library on it, instead of picking & choosing. It would also make it easier to sync the usb when I have new music.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So this USB still plays random songs on start up. I always figured it would have to. It didn't make sense to me that it would be better.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
With the whole 'random song' issue, I've noticed I don't have issues if I start the car the same way every time. If I alternate between Remote Start to Ignition start, that's when it decides to play the song it was last playing, dependant on which way it was started.

Basically, either use remote start OR ignition start, and you shouldn't have any issues, at least that's my experience.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have a manual, thus no remote start, and I still experience the issue with wrong music starting.

I think what happens for me is it either starts the last song playing when the car stops, OR the last song playing the time before. I just have about 1000 songs in 1 folder, (boring I know) on a continuous loop. I may say be at songs starting with C when I leave him. When I get home later that day, it might be upto songs starting with G. The next time I start the car, it MAY start at the last song starting with G, or it may start at the last song starting with C the previous time I started the car.

But I did recently acquire one of these tiny USB devices, and I havent had that problem since I ran with it, BUT its only been 2 weeks.........

Lowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf callais
I was told that the system is not designed for anymore than 32gb by Chevrolet online agent. I gave up trying to sync my 160gb iPod