Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF V's VE - upgrading my VZ - advice pls!!

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
If the VZ is smoother on the road, I figure this is because your VZ wagon is an Exec or Acclaim etc and the VZ wagons wagons aren't sports suspension and run the longer wheelbase same as a Statesman, and by comparison the SV6 VF is Sports suspension. If it's down to the SV6 suspension being too firm for your liking, there is always an Evoke wagon. They are only 3.0 litres though will be less power than the SV6 you drive. Alternately a Calais wagon suspension should be somewhere between SV6 and Evoke suspension, still has 3.6 litre or even a 6.0 litre
Well I took the SS F 6L for a drive... its like a whole different car, so much smoother etc
I pick it up on Monday :D

The SV6 I test drove... maybe had a hard life!

My VZ is Exec, now I have to sell it! (They only offered 1K trade in)

Thanks for your advice, glad I took the 8 out for a spin!

Tro

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Well I took the SS F 6L for a drive... its like a whole different car, so much smoother etc
I pick it up on Monday :D

The SV6 I test drove... maybe had a hard life!

My VZ is Exec, now I have to sell it! (They only offered 1K trade in)

Thanks for your advice, glad I took the 8 out for a spin!

Tro

the vf2 SSV or ss is such a different drive than any previous model huh, I have a VE SS and when I test drove the VF2SSVR I was blown away at how different it was! I was so impressed with it I bought it the same day. I've had it now for about 3 weeks, and have done just over 700klm in it. I still use the VE SS as a daily, but I love jumping in the new beast and taking it out for a spin, so glad to own such a smooth powerful piece of history

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
the vf2 SSV or ss is such a different drive than any previous model huh, I have a VE SS and when I test drove the VF2SSVR I was blown away at how different it was! I was so impressed with it I bought it the same day. I've had it now for about 3 weeks, and have done just over 700klm in it. I still use the VE SS as a daily, but I love jumping in the new beast and taking it out for a spin, so glad to own such a smooth powerful piece of history
History indeed
Makes me wonder if I should hold on to my 5L VS Ute, might be worth more in a few years!

Tro

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
History indeed
Makes me wonder if I should hold on to my 5L VS Ute, might be worth more in a few years!

Tro
well I'm holding on to my VE SS (it's a rare colour Morphious) just because it's a head turning weapon of a car! I have genuine GTS suspension all round, staggered 20's with a nice chrome dish, and a senator style boot lip. The cars mint and the dealer didn't offer enough coin to tempt me into trading in. so I have two beautiful cars sitting outside to drive. Decisions decisions lol