Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF wheel placard

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I called Bob Jane today to get them to fit some tyres to my rims and they said they can not do it and gave me a big lecture on how it is illegal to fit wheels different to the placard unless engineered. I told them that they are a factory Holden option for my car and they said unless I have a letter from Holden or a new placard from Holden they can not fit them. Grr this is a pain in the ass

BS

You need to look at and take into account what is available as an option for all model variants.

The load rating is where you need to take care and the manufacturer changes the placard to suit the options fitted.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-09-rev4.pdf

Last edited:

Ckj2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
So going of that rms spec you cannot put a tyre with a lower load rating then the placard states even if you go bigger wheel? I'm a little slow so bare with me lol

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Not sure about NSW....but for anyone in QLD

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...cpMqQdQch1Oc7O_lg&sig2=CGJMqy5oV_8kahslyAWKVA

4.2.12 Load Rating and Speed Rating
Every passenger car manufactured after 1972 (ADR 24 now superseded by ADR 42/04) is fitted with a tyre placard that contains information on original and optional tyres and rims for that vehicle model.
A light motor vehicle (under 4.5 tonne GVM) which is required to comply with ADR 24/... or ADR 42/04 may be equipped with tyres other than those listed on the tyre placard provided that:
the load rating of the tyres is not less than the lowest load rating listed on the tyre placard of the vehicle or equivalent variant of that model vehicle;
the speed rating of the tyres fitted to a passenger vehicle is at least 180 km/h (S) when the tyre placard requires a higher speed rating than S;
the speed rating of the tyres fitted to vehicles with special features for off-road use of at least 140 km/h when the tyre placard requires a higher speed rating than N; and
for all other vehicles a speed rating of at least 120 km/h.

You can put any tyre on as long as the load isn't less than placard or any variants placard. So if HSV have 97 rating......any commodore variant can have it

Orcinus Supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SS Storm Ute
I have a thread on this topic about a month back.

ACT originally bounced my ute because of the wheels. It passed after producing the placard panhead shows. My thread also has the part number for the placard in it.

Ckj2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I searched the part number on the 20" placard from my sisters car but can't get a result anywhere grr.i called jax tyres today to get some tyres fitted they also said they won't touch it due to law what a pain in the ass fuk you Holden

Last edited:

Orcinus Supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SS Storm Ute
Thanks to Smashfist: 92276548

If you need to, you could take just the wheels in and get them fitted. If anyone pushes then they are for use on private land, no need to worry.

Ckj2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Yeh I'm just taking the rims to get tyres fitted and I'll throw them on when I put my Springs in. Hopefully I can find a placard down the track anyway. I found this article that states that the HF-20 wheels were a factory option for my car. It's a bastard knowing that but not legally being able to fit them yourself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170215-192558.png
    Screenshot_20170215-192558.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 199

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
I searched the part number on the 20" placard from my sisters car but can't get a result anywhere grr.i called jax tyres today to get some tyres fitted they also said they won't touch it due to law what a pain in the ass fuk you Holden
Have you tried Holden spare parts? They will be able to order one for you...

Crom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
You can buy them from Holden Spare Parts for staggered and non-staggered rims.

mms_20170213_194207-jpg.190223

As per above, wish I'd found this earlier but there was enough bread crumbs across a few threads. Just been to the local dealer and purchased this label. No picture and the guy at Parts couldn't confirm what it had on it but the part number on my invoice matches this picture (92294927), only cost $18.65 inc.
Interesting there was a note in the system saying "not for redline"? No idea why. Anyone have an idea?

Noted in previous thread on tyres for the VF, car is currently running Achilles Desert Hawk UHP 245/40 R20 which turns out is a SUV tyre. I'm assuming the last owner had them on there due to the load rating being 99. As plenty have noted, you just can't get a load rating above 97 for the 20" rims. I can only add my experience with these being excellent in dry and wet, quiet and they are wearing well.

So....at this stage my plan is to fit the placard and then swap the tyres over to a 245/35 R20 and plan is to stick with Achilles, and fit the ATR Sport 2 for $135 each at Tyrepower. Curious what others think and if they've tried them? Hopefully the ATR Sport 2 is as good as the desert hawk.

Will keep you updated guys, and thanks everyone for the information. Great forum, cheers!