Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF with Opti-coat +

dcg1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Well, I got the ute done with Opticoat+ and got the windows tinted at Solar Style in Brisbane and I am totally amazed, its by far the best thing I did. my ute is so easy to clean and once I wash it, It looks a million bucks again and looks like it was just polished. Solar Style did an amazing job and they went above and beyond with the paint correction, there isn't a single "spider webbing" effect on the paint at all and the clarity is amazing.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
How many stages of correction, and what did it cost?

dcg1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
It was a 3 stage correction and I got a package of opticoat+ with 3M Tint for $815. Solar Style do an amazing job plus they are an exclusive BMW tint and opticoat applicator, just check out there page http://www.solarstyle.net.au/

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
This could be a silly question, but ill ask it anyway

i want to vinyl wrap the roof gloss black so should i get the wrap done first then the opticoat sprayed on, or get the opticoat then the wrap after?

Thanks guys

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II

i want to vinyl wrap the roof gloss black so should i get the wrap done first then the opticoat sprayed on, or get the opticoat then the wrap after?

Thanks guys

Preferably you would do the vinyl wrap first then opticoat as the opticoat is seen as the ceramic protector and would in theory protect the wrap. Im getting my Suntek film put on first then Opticoat on top so the 3m should be no different.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline

Thanks guys

Definitely get the wrap done first. I had Modesta Glass put over the vinyl decals on my old Ford GT and they still looked brand new when I sold the car.

BEASTVFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS, VF SSV Redline, VX SS II, VN SS
I had both my GEN-F GTS and VF SSV Redline (both Nitrate) opti-coated by Jade from Dulvari Prestige in 2013. I've been dealing with Jade now for, gee would have to be 15yrs. I don't mean nor want to offend anyone but when it comes to the best detailers in this country, Jade would arguably be the best. His attention to detail and his ability with a buff and paint correction is an experience to believe. What's even better is when you use the Instant Gloss Enhancer a few weeks later and it brings the paint up even better (even glass too)

sjc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V s2
Does anyone know if there is a guy in Adelaide that does this ?

sjc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V s2
Thanks lowndes8.

This stuff looks fairly good going by the comments, rang them and it costs $595 just for the coating.
If polishing of car is needed then it's about another $50-$100.
Seems reasonable.