Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 Ls3 Limp Mode?

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Gents

Took ss to Sydney dragway last year just to see, competition mode on and using launch control the car went limp whilst launching
Any body experience something similar with theirs? (dragway or not)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Gents

Took ss to Sydney dragway last year just to see, competition mode on and using launch control the car went limp whilst launching
Any body experience something similar with theirs? (dragway or not)
Explain all symptoms

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
On launch in competition mode, the car took then just as It did I thought the car stalled.
I went to turn car on but realised it was still on but pressing acceleration pedal wouldn't even move revs.
I was abit frazzled because I had the helmet on then I put epb on turned car off and started again.

And went down the the quarter

Just the stall like I even thought I snapped the tailshaft or something but it actually went limp it didn't like launch control on the quarter, next 2 runs I did I have everything off and it went fine

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Sounds like something triggered the self preservation mode then. Did the check engine light come on when this happened? And did you try using the launch control again?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there are a couple tables in the tune that have to remain in balance and if they go too far out it can cause a cut in power unless disabled, u would have to do it whilst logging to see whats going on

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Sounds like something triggered the self preservation mode then. Did the check engine light come on when this happened? And did you try using the launch control again?
I think check engine came on, I didn't use launch control again after that but since have used launch on the street

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I think check engine came on, I didn't use launch control again after that but since have used launch on the street

When you originally used launch control, some combination of engine parameters might have crossed safe thresholds programmed into the BCM. Call it idiot proof mode or self preservation mode. It will be very difficult to pin point exactly what went on since you did not log the error codes or other data. If you regularly push the car to the limits (like drags), it might be worth investing in some sort of data logger.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Good on you...well done.....drag session, street launch.....motor expires in a few months!!!!!

Last edited: