Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Manual Redline - Heron White

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
A few guys in the US have wrapt the heated hose directly under the intake pipe to help reduce heat soak. I can say it definitely helps. Since wrapping the heater hose with exhaust wrap, I can hold the heater hose after a drive, whereas before it was too hot to hold. The intake pipe also feels less hot to touch if you know what I mean.

Resized_20211212_153015.jpeg

Last edited:

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
I only removed the MSE. Rotofab was one of my first mods. TBH, can't really hear the intake over the new exhaust.

Prior to fitting the xforce system, the intake noise through the MSE was much more noticeable after fitment of the Rotofab intake.

I just splashed out and purchased the Rotofab with the dry KN filter. I also purchased the Radiator cover piece they sell as well. Looking forward to fitting it up. I currently have the airbox off as I am making a permanent trickle charge point. I have attached some cables positive jump start point and one to the earth point. I am running these down out of the way and out of sight to a SAE plug where I will plug in the charger. Hopefully the Rotofab gets here soon before I need to drive the car again so I can get it fitted up. Need some time of work to fit some other goodies I have as well.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I just splashed out and purchased the Rotofab with the dry KN filter. I also purchased the Radiator cover piece they sell as well. Looking forward to fitting it up. I currently have the airbox off as I am making a permanent trickle charge point. I have attached some cables positive jump start point and one to the earth point. I am running these down out of the way and out of sight to a SAE plug where I will plug in the charger. Hopefully the Rotofab gets here soon before I need to drive the car again so I can get it fitted up. Need some time of work to fit some other goodies I have as well.

I noticed their radiator cover piece. Looks neat. I also ordered my Rotofab intake. Oiled filter though. It cost a bomb with postage so I did not get the radiator cover piece.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
I noticed their radiator cover piece. Looks neat. I also ordered my Rotofab intake. Oiled filter though. It cost a bomb with postage so I did not get the radiator cover piece.

Ron, yes you are correct it did cost a bomb. US exchange rate does not help either. I would have been happy to wait for it a bit longer so as not to pay as much postage. I think it is coming express post. Don't tell my wife who believes its all about $200. Its my Christmas present to self. :)

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
It was a while ago when I ordered mine but from memory they use FedEx or DHL and it arrived in 3- 5days. I definately recommend wrapping the heater hose while you have the intake off. I can't believe how much radiant heat it has reduced. We also wrapt my neighbours stock VF2 SS heater hose as I had left over exhaust wrap.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron, yes you are correct it did cost a bomb. US exchange rate does not help either. I would have been happy to wait for it a bit longer so as not to pay as much postage. I think it is coming express post. Don't tell my wife who believes its all about $200. Its my Christmas present to self. :)

Yeah, my mrs doesn't know it's coming at all. They use USPS priority express for mine.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a while ago when I ordered mine but from memory they use FedEx or DHL and it arrived in 3- 5days. I definately recommend wrapping the heater hose while you have the intake off. I can't believe how much radiant heat it has reduced. We also wrapt my neighbours stock VF2 SS heater hose as I had left over exhaust wrap.

Thanks for that tip. I still have the OEM airbox off and had to move the car tonight from one bay to the next as some work being done in garage tomorrow. Anyway did not want the car in their way and risk damage. Anyway started it up and while it was warming up it began to run a bit rough, the poor old engine knew that the air filter was not on there. I only ran for couple minutes no need to tempt fate with some nasty piece of something finding its way into that beautiful engine.