Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Ute 90,000 km report.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Have had 90,000 km service this month. Asked the dealer to check the "maintenance light" which came on during driving but went off after restarting. Otherwise the ute has been running "normal" as I have VCM OTR, VCM 523 Cam and 3" exhaust system and 4-1 Header fitted. The dealer said that the engine was running too lean at cruising and too rich at idle. Told me to take the ute to tunning shop for a tune up and I did.

I took the ute to Gentech in Canberra and they asked me a bunch of questions such as what brand of petrol, who did the Cam/Otr/Exhaust, do I want it "smooth" or "racy" etc... They did a very good job tunning the ute, it is now running very "smooth", can't feel the gear shifting and idle smoothly, no more harsh down shifting when accelerating. Only draw back is it uses more petrol than before, I were getting 12 litre/100 km before in mixed highway and city driving, now I am getting 12.6 litre. Perhaps that's why it was running "lean" before. Gentech told me to clean the air filter at every service myself as dealer won't touch it. Gentech did a dyno run after tunning, it has 320 rwkw compares to 299.8 rwkw before tunning.

Booked my 4th set of tyres for next week, the rear tyres tend to wear out 2-3 mm faster than the front but I usually change the lot. Changed front and back brake pads few months ago, the rotors are still good but need to be replaced when I replace brake pads next time.

Still very happy with the ute, all good.

Attachments

• Ute Dymo Tune.pdf
    874.4 KB · Views: 233