Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Reverse Camera replacement?

joltron77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SV6 Black edition
Hi there,

Problem is probably common but i'm in need of help.

1) The reverse camera - Mine is foggy, there is some gunk in there. i've tried cleaning and also using a hair dryer to but nothing works so it will need to be replaced. I'm not up for replacing the whole MyLink yet so wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a camera install? I am pretty handy with rewiring so what wont be an issue however ideally i'd like some aftermarket kit that just plugs in and works with MyLink .. does anyone have any suggestions here because I can find very.

2) Does anyone have a guide for removal the rear bar? I assume its like most cars with it being secured under the mud flats? Anyone have a guide/tutorial?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi there,

Problem is probably common but i'm in need of help.

1) The reverse camera - Mine is foggy, there is some gunk in there. i've tried cleaning and also using a hair dryer to but nothing works so it will need to be replaced. I'm not up for replacing the whole MyLink yet so wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a camera install? I am pretty handy with rewiring so what wont be an issue however ideally i'd like some aftermarket kit that just plugs in and works with MyLink .. does anyone have any suggestions here because I can find very.

2) Does anyone have a guide for removal the rear bar? I assume its like most cars with it being secured under the mud flats? Anyone have a guide/tutorial?
Part number 92291510 can be searched in Ebay for replacement. The Bumper has a mixture of screws, Scrivits and clips that hold the bumper on.

joltron77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SV6 Black edition
Love your work mate, thank you heaps!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Replacing the standard camera looks fairly simple, refer to the attachment:

Attachments

• VF Rearview Driver Information Camera Replacement.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 157
  • VF Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement.pdf
    290 KB · Views: 188

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Bit of a segue ... but could the standard camera be replaced with something somewhat better & which doesn't become useless when it rains, in a neat/undetectable way? [And I'm not talking about installations like you see on Camrys being user as Ubers that have something that looks like a residential security camera "unobtrusively" bolted to the bumper]

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
but could the standard camera be replaced with something somewhat better

yes, the mylink camera is just a composite signal so if you could find a better quality camera that fits you could wire it in.
the only downside is the visual quality will still be locked at the resolution of the mylinks lcd screen, i think it is 576i.