Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS factory brake upgrade option

Stefan23

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Commodore S *Manual*
A dealer in Adelaide showed me the brake upgrade in a table. listing the SS front and rear, SSV front and rear, V8 performance upgrade option, and SSV Redline front and rear. I agree with what has been posted prior to with the brake upgrade on the fronts, from twin piston to single, bigger rotor etc. but as outlined in 'his' chart was that the rears on the V8 upgrade option went to 4 piston brembos - same as the SSVR.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A dealer in Adelaide showed me the brake upgrade in a table. listing the SS front and rear, SSV front and rear, V8 performance upgrade option, and SSV Redline front and rear. I agree with what has been posted prior to with the brake upgrade on the fronts, from twin piston to single, bigger rotor etc. but as outlined in 'his' chart was that the rears on the V8 upgrade option went to 4 piston brembos - same as the SSVR.
Wow ... you'd be annoyed if you paid the $350 expecting to get rear Brembos as well as the US police front brakes, when you got the car & the rears were unchanged, wouldn't you? Given the explicit misinformation you'd been given.

Stefan23

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Commodore S *Manual*
Yeah I was surprised to see rear brembos as apart of the upgrade, I would be making sure he writes this downward and have printed copies of said table and hold him accountable. Lol. I hope to get some proper clarification.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Single pot fronts and 4 pot rears.... err. Obviously a typo.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The upgrade is only to the fronts. Rear's stay the same setup, front's go to the single pistion 60mm caliper.

Brembo's are definitely Redline only.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Found this info on another forum

"The upgrade I’m talking about is in the System for $318.18 which with GST added would be $350.

I was the second Redline at the Dealership to be optioned with the upgrade.

I questioned the upgrade and asked the Dealership to confirm it for me through Holden and two working days later they contacted me and said the upgrade package for the Redline consisted of larger slotted rotors, larger callipers, the callipers were of better quality over the standard Brembos callipers offered on the Redline with an improved action and a different set of pads.

The Dealer has a car coming in with this option so I’ll go and check it out."

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That person is completely full of crap.
Either that or they've been thoroughly shafted by their dealer.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Good luck with that! There is no upgrade on the Redline, they're standard with Brembo's front and rear.

I can't believe the amount of uneducated dealers out there. The amount of absolute crap that keeps coming out is surprising......

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Was wondering if any one could tell me where the brake improvement is realised when the piston numbers are halved?

Last edited: