Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS owners - have you had any major mechanical or electrical faults since new?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Obvious enough for Holden to replace the gearbox.
Nice result, unfortunately with mass manufacturing some things do slip through the cracks, even in the best cars, not just local product.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
2015 model, 73000 kms, first 50 000 kms as a high way patrol car in country victoria.. Now has stage 3 kit and tune, runs beautiful and pulls hard, no issues at all. ( touch wood lol)

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
Aug 2015 VF1 SSVR Ute - 53,000ks - Steering rack replaced at 3000ks but I didn't even know anything was wrong with it and a Mylink freeze issue that was fixed with a quick disconnect of the battery.

Nov 2016 VF2 SSVR Sedan - 13,000ks - No problems so far.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
VF2 SS w375
64,000kms Build date 8/15
Camshaft upgrade
I've driven mostly hwy ks & dragstrip events
Averaged 12.4L/100 over the 64,000ks
Hasnt missed a beat except the the walkinshaw exhaust center section baffles coming loose & rattling at low revs under load. Ive already had 2 replaced under warranty.
My last car was a vf1 SS It had better economy again around 11.5L/100 over 85,000ks & had an intermittent issue with the fuel guage sender cutting out and your dash instruments zero'd out

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Evening, I thought I should share my experiences with an interesting noise I found in my 2017 redline. After nearly exactly 2000ks a strange sound developed from the front windscreen area of my car. It as very prevalent when negotiating steep driveway entrances, and also small undulations in the road in normal driving circumstances. After much trouble shooting (I am a Panelbeater, so things like this erk me no end) such as in and out of our driveway with windows up down, doors open and shut, sunroof open shut, half open and then tilted, the sound wouldnt change, the only thing that would have any impact is the sunroof half open, and then only when driving at 60 kph or above, this led me to believe the pressure change inside the cabin, was effecting the noise source, as the sound was still there only reduced. The sound itself was a rubbery creak, or soft shudder sound and to make matters even worse it didn't come from the same place everytime, I could get it to repeat, (think a big mouse with sneakers on running across the top of the windscreen side to side) this led to me considering body flex was the cause and a badly fit windscreen glass was the rubbing sound. I wanted to cut the glass out then and there (11 pm lol) however, off to the dealer the next day, they successfully repeated the sound in a test drive, totally stumped, they also recorded it in video, sent it to Holden Technical, one week later, they suggest I have the glass cut out (surprise surprise). And there you go problem fixed. Now the car is whisper quiet and the only noise on big body flex is a few felt like sounds of the door seals and they are very feint indeed.

Last edited:

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Evening, I thought I should share my experiences with an interesting noise I found in my 2017 redline. After nearly exactly 2000ks a strange sound developed from the front windscreen area of my car. It as very prevalent when negotiating steep driveway entrances, and also small undulations in the road in normal driving circumstances. After much trouble shooting (I am a Panelbeater, so things like this erk me no end) such as in and out of our driveway with windows up down, doors open and shut, sunroof open shut, half open and then tilted, the sound wouldnt change, the only thing that would have any impact is the sunroof half open, and then only when driving at 60 kph or above, this led me to believe the pressure change inside the cabin, was effecting the noise source, as the sound was still there only reduced. The sound itself was a rubbery creak, or soft shudder sound and to make matters even worse it didn't come from the same place everytime, I could get it to repeat, (think a big mouse with sneakers on running across the top of the windscreen side to side) this led to me considering body flex was the cause and a badly fit windscreen glass was the rubbing sound. I wanted to cut the glass out then and there (11 pm lol) however, off to the dealer the next day, they successfully repeated the sound in a test drive, totally stumped, they also recorded it in video, sent it to Holden Technical, one week later, they suggest I have the glass cut out (surprise surprise). And there you go problem fixed. Now the car is whisper quiet and the inky noise on big body flex is a few felt like sounds of the door seals and they are very feint indeed.
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Glad you got it sorted.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Glad you got it sorted.
The thing is it could be mistaken for suspension noise travelling up the pillar or even misaligned doors, etc. It would have been a hilarious sight seeing a brand new redline going up and down a driveway with various doors open and me trying to get my ear to the windscreen