Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS owners - have you had any major mechanical or electrical faults since new?

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Hi.

This is a general question. I'd like to gauge how people's SS (LS3) has been to own since new. How many kilometres have you travelled and have you had a major failure on the engine / mechanicals / electricals? I was of the belief these cars are suppose to be almost bullet proof on reliability. I have no issues but my ride does not get driven (at all) really so I have no idea how it may run after a few thousand ks. I'm interested to see how others SS have gone through the mileage.

Sept 17 vf2 ssv 6spd redline 19000km, drivers seat clicks when moving around taking turns corners etc otherwise fine

MRE77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SS Redline
Hi.

This is a general question. I'd like to gauge how people's SS (LS3) has been to own since new. How many kilometres have you travelled and have you had a major failure on the engine / mechanicals / electricals? I was of the belief these cars are suppose to be almost bullet proof on reliability. I have no issues but my ride does not get driven (at all) really so I have no idea how it may run after a few thousand ks. I'm interested to see how others SS have gone through the mileage.
At 50,000 kms had to get all the injectors replaced, apparently a known issue with the LS3. Under warranty, no other issue's.

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
2016 VF2 Redline auto 27,000km. No mechanical or electrical issues (apart from battery replaced last year cos the original just gave up), no squeaks or rattles. So far, so good.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
2016 VF2 SSV-R, purchased 2nd hand with 45k km, had a faulty injector at 60k km and then a noisy idler at 62k km.

Both fixed under warranty.

Now it's sitting at 80k km and no further issues so far.

Kitchenguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 5.7L
SS VF2 Manual / Mar 2017 build - two injectors - numbers 1 and 2 at 44 000km three weeks apart. Second problem, stolen at 47 000 km (if i ever get my hands on that little f.................................)

It also had a noisy idler pully but it was so minor I couldn't be stuffed and figured I'd just change it if it ever really annoyed me. Other than, pristine and went like a shower of ****

Looking at some second hand ones now, but manuals are bloody rare.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
How was it stolen? Did they get the keys? Or did they beat the security some other way we should know about,

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
SS VF2 Manual / Mar 2017 build - two injectors - numbers 1 and 2 at 44 000km three weeks apart. Second problem, stolen at 47 000 km (if i ever get my hands on that little f.................................)

It also had a noisy idler pully but it was so minor I couldn't be stuffed and figured I'd just change it if it ever really annoyed me. Other than, pristine and went like a shower of ****

Looking at some second hand ones now, but manuals are bloody rare.
What year month did the 1st injector go and did you wait for the 2nd injector to go before you took her in and had them (all 8) replaced or did you go in straight away (twice) and they only replaced the faulty injector?

Also interested how the vehicle was stolen. Was it a lowbrow home break-in where keys then car were stolen or did they use a much more sophisticated software radio man in the middle attacks to pinch the rolling key codes and then simple replayed them at their convenience and thus drove away without having the keys?

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
Series 2 Redline W407 LS3, 5 year old and 68,600km, no issues at all... *touch wood* Awesome car

Attachments

• 20210213_132624.jpg
    20210213_132624.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 81