Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 upgrade

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
Hi all. Picking up a VF2 SV6 in about a month. Standard stereo isn't too bad going from my short test drive. I would like a bit more bass. So my question is, should I just upgrade the factory speakers for a better quality speaker or fit a small amp and sub? I know the parsel shelf has cut outs for 6x9s (I think), can I throw some of those in and run them off the factory head unit? I'm not after a competition grade stereo or something that will make my ears bleed. Just after some extra bass.
Cheers.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I did in the ve, small amp and 2 subs sounds good for the extra bass wanted

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
Is that 2 subs in a box or 2 in the parcel shelf? If you put them in the shelf, does it vibrate at all?

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
This is something I'm interested in as well. Need a bit more oomph in the bass but hesitant to let someone start cutting up my car. Looking for a way to do it with minimal impact on existing material.

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
There's holes in the steel part of the parcel shelf for speakers. They come standard in Calais and V series ss. But the parcel shelf doesn't have the speaker covers. Not sure if you can just cut the covers in or if you need a new shelf from the Calais