Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Air con

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
I have 2 Commodores, a VE S2 SS, and a VFII SS-V.

In my VE, on a cold day the aircon will get me to my desired 21c quickly, and then keep me there by pumping out nice warm air.

In my VFII, same conditions, it gets me to 21c quickly, but keep me there by alternating between hot and cold air, never just warm. It does keep the car at the correct temperature, but if a vent is pointing at me (which they are in both cars), in the VF I'm either hot or cold.

Is this something others have experienced with the VFII's?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Take it back to the dealer and it get it fixed under warranty.

There is a "wide ranging" software update that I've had loaded into my VFs1 in the last few weeks, and the problems of incorrect vents being open or closed seems to have been cured.

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Yep, I think I will. I've just got back from a drive it did the same thing it always does, but I also noticed that while hot air was coming out of the front vents, cold air coming out of the rear vents.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Let us know how you go with the dealer. Mine does similar things.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
A lot of things in the VF are improved over the VE. The air con is definitely not one of them.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Heating works better on some settings than others.
On mine, the best setting is about 22 on floor/screen and it works great.

On floor only, it needs about 25 and that's when I get cold blowing from the vents.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I have 2 Commodores, a VE S2 SS, and a VFII SS-V.

In my VE, on a cold day the aircon will get me to my desired 21c quickly, and then keep me there by pumping out nice warm air.

In my VFII, same conditions, it gets me to 21c quickly, but keep me there by alternating between hot and cold air, never just warm. It does keep the car at the correct temperature, but if a vent is pointing at me (which they are in both cars), in the VF I'm either hot or cold.

Is this something others have experienced with the VFII's?

mines same, my 2 VE's are heaps better. Feel like you have the flu hot cold hot cold hot cold hot cold

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Make sure all the vents are OPEN. If any are closed, the heater/AC loses the plot.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
When mine goes weird I turn up to H for a second then turn it back down to 22 then it usually works again

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Take it back to the dealer and it get it fixed under warranty.

There is a "wide ranging" software update that I've had loaded into my VFs1 in the last few weeks, and the problems of incorrect vents being open or closed seems to have been cured.
do you have the paper work for this job? I have been to my dealer couple of times now and said nothing wrong.