Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline - mylink live traffic updates

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
I have a 2016 VFII Redline sportswagon.
I can't get the live traffic updates to work has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
As above... you have to live in a coverage area.

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
I have checked the Suna Traffic site, says it is available.

I live in Melbourne so coverage area isn't a problem, I just can't get it working.

I will take it to Holden and have them check it out, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before I take it in.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
OK here's a follow-up question; does the system have any idea of predicted delays or any of that stuff?
I thought smarter SatNav systems used such info to offer alternatives, whereas it seems the VF's SatNav just gleefully tells you you're about to suffer a world of hurt as it funnels you right into the middle of it.

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
OK here's a follow-up question; does the system have any idea of predicted delays or any of that stuff?
I thought smarter SatNav systems used such info to offer alternatives, whereas it seems the VF's SatNav just gleefully tells you you're about to suffer a world of hurt as it funnels you right into the middle of it.

I have a VFII Redline. The traffic alerts work but are so erratic as to be almost worthless. To cover the obvious, you realise that you have to have a route planned and running in the sat nav? It should then give you alerts to any problems on your route. Unfortunately you are generally on top of the problem before alerted and it works on some roads but not on others. The system works on sensors on the major roads and vehicles they have on the road...... They can't possibly have enough vehicles to be of use.

Compare this system with Google maps which is phenomenally accurate. Google works by using location services on every single phone on the network and by calculating via GPS how fast those phones are travelling, giving a very accurate time to your destination based upon all those thousands of people in front of you. Crowd sourced real-time traffic.

Often I will get in my car and check Google maps which gives me a 70 minutes estimate to my destination, the sat nav in the Commodore says 50 mins. Invariably the car is wrong and Google is right.

If only there was a way to get Google maps syncing with the car sat nav.

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
I have a VFII Redline. The traffic alerts work but are so erratic as to be almost worthless. To cover the obvious, you realise that you have to have a route planned and running in the sat nav? It should then give you alerts to any problems on your route. Unfortunately you are generally on top of the problem before alerted and it works on some roads but not on others. The system works on sensors on the major roads and vehicles they have on the road...... They can't possibly have enough vehicles to be of use.

Compare this system with Google maps which is phenomenally accurate. Google works by using location services on every single phone on the network and by calculating via GPS how fast those phones are travelling, giving a very accurate time to your destination based upon all those thousands of people in front of you. Crowd sourced real-time traffic.

Often I will get in my car and check Google maps which gives me a 70 minutes estimate to my destination, the sat nav in the Commodore says 50 mins. Invariably the car is wrong and Google is right.

If only there was a way to get Google maps syncing with the car sat nav.
+1
Translated: Google use cell phone or other sources ( more users) to estimate. Our sat Nav may use something else to estimate such as cars with Nav. But due to different brands, the information is not shared. So more users equal higher chance accuracy.