Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VG Commodore UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
Hi guys, just got a VG ute and starting the long list of mods.
Anyone got some advice on how to fit out a decent stereo into the cab. I want to keep it as clean as possible.
Was thinking cd, 4 inch in original holes and want to know the possibility of fitting a 12 inch sub anywhere. Have heard of 2 tens behind the seats but would like to keep that area for tools. Also what are the legalities of cutting a hole in the firewall to mount it with the box on the tray side.
Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Get some VR/VS door pods and fit 6" splits , sigle decent 10" behind passenger seat and good 4ch behind the passenger seat below the window.
Not much room but its all about power and good speakers.
With fitting and gear allow $1,500+

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
here is the pic

Attachments

• My Ute 054.jpg
    My Ute 054.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3,316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
stereo

Yeah i thought about that when i had the panel off. Does the sound travel into the cab. What part of canberra you from. Im from belconnen reckon it would be possible to have a look at how you set it up.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ya im in belco too, bit hard to look at the setup cos i gotta take all the tools out, remove the tray liner (thats a bitch of a job) and then take the panel off.

if your looking at getting it done go to audiotech in tuggers, they do a fantastic job.

the sounds travels really well into the cabin, if you lok behind the passenger seat there is 2 plates that you take off and it goes straight into the above mentioned hole

see the pic below :p

E

EZRA

ute sub

i dunno bout puttin the sub unda the tray coz ive heard stuff like dust gettin in sub gettin wet n **** like that so i put mine betwwen the seats like the otha guy sed good front speakers n sub n they crank im in the process of makin boxes 4 the rear parcel shelf wif 6x9s off a 2oow clarion amp n dyna audio 9inch sub jbl 6ichs in the front

Attachments

• 6x9.JPG
    6x9.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,224
  • amp n stacker.JPG
    amp n stacker.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,249
  • sub.JPG
    sub.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,824

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
stereo

I looked under the panel in the tray and it is all dusty and holes where water can get in.
At the moment i think i will look at getting door pods for 6 inch splits standard head deck and work on mounting a sub in between the seats, like in the photo. I measured it and i dont thinh a 12 inch would fit. Anyway am going to have a look on saturday for some bucket seats and will reasses when they are in.
Thanks guys. :wave:

E

EZRA

yeh i bought a 12 inch but i didnt check if it would fit no it wont so i sold it 2 my oldman n he put it in his car lol hes like 40 or sumfin but yeh was rainin here so ive been out rippin it all nite :yeah: