Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VG-Vt304

kevingalea

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
hey guys, i have a question i have a 304 vt engine and ive put it into my VG ute with the vg wiring harness, computer and distributer, its not firing the injectors but when i spray start ya bastard down its guts it will breifly fire which means its got spark yeah? it also has fuel pressure. my question is that a vt 304 will run with Vg wiring harness computer and dizzy or?? Thankyou in advance,

H

harrop.senator

hey guys, i have a question i have a 304 vt engine and ive put it into my VG ute with the vg wiring harness, computer and distributer, its not firing the injectors but when i spray start ya bastard down its guts it will breifly fire which means its got spark yeah? it also has fuel pressure. my question is that a vt 304 will run with Vg wiring harness computer and dizzy or?? Thankyou in advance,

Yes it will as long as the map sensor is hooked up as well. The vt apart from being sequential spark and the air flow meter. I don't think there's any other difference apart from the roller cam and those.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The VT also doesn't have a MAT sensor in the intake manifold runner which you will need.

If you use all the electronics/wiring loom from the VG than it should run. Spark but no fuel can indicate there is an issue with the Dizzy/ignition module. Try swapping out the ignition module and see what happens.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
304 vt engine into factory vg 5litre ute or is it conversion?

In theory if you swapped over vn/p dissy,ecu & harness still need hook IAT & map sensor to vt engine.

IAT is in vt airbox & vt 304 intake only has 2 tabs on manifold snout for vacuum lines instead of 3 like vn-s engines.

vt cam will be tad bigger & higher cr but can't see why it won't run on vn/p v8 memcal