Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh brake conversion

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
can ya use the vs master cylinder? if so does it do the job rather than fitting a vt one??

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You should run a VT master as it has a 1 1/4" quick fill bore at the start to take up the initial play between the pad and rotor, basically gives a firm pedal sooner the a VS master.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
ive got a really detailed how to on my computer with heaps of pics ...pm me with ya email and ill send it to ya

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
ive got a really detailed how to on my computer with heaps of pics ...pm me with ya email and ill send it to ya
hey mate i got that email...thanks heaps very helpfull.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
You can run a full vt setup including booster. You just need to mod the vh booster bracket to fit onto the vt booster or make your own. Also will need to drill a new hole in the shaft going into the car and chop about 10mm off the end of the shaft. Have a search on google there is a few thread about fitting vt booster to a early commodore. Pretty easy job.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
ok - i have decided to run with the VS m/cylinder just for the fact that i have 2 of them + the booster for free.....no complaints from me!
Theres a couple of things i want to sus out before i start pulling it all down

#1 do the existing vh flare nuts (connectors into m/cylinder) adapt straight into the VS cylinder...ie same thread pattern??????

#2 the connections are in different posistions when comparing the 2 m/cylinders. i have labled which line is which on the VH one. i imagine the larger nut on the VS one is the rear brake connection???? correct me if im wrong or retarded!
the smaller nut connection (top right) and the blanked off nut (bottom right) i believe are the front brake line connections???? which is left brake and right brake???
pics below

View attachment 129515

View attachment 129514

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
here is my vh with the vt conversion showing the lines ....you need adapters to fit it .....front original 2 lines go into the back of the vt master and your rear goes to the front...works a treat
57768d1231752597-vk-brake-upgrade-vh-booster.jpg