Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Coupe

scrapvn

Just call me 'hey you!'
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina & HQ Statesman
I'm looking for ANY info on the VH 2door. Need to know EXACTLY how many were made and any specs available.
Thank guys.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The Adayer Sportif?. there is 12 built, all have 253s motors. Recaro interior. I don't know if all are manaul or not.

scrapvn

Just call me 'hey you!'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool

I heard that there were about 12 built. They do have full Recaro interiors. They came out in manual and auto and were all 253s. We think they all had the same carby that Brock used too. We have heard that at least 3 have been written off in Queensland and possibly NSW.
My girlfriend owns number 11. Neatly tucked away in the shed... until she gets the timing cover replaced. Then its back on the road to blow away some more Monaros! We've been searching everywhere for more info about them.
:driving:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
aren't they adayer spiders or spyders? anyway yeah I sat in one once it was in a car yard for $10,000. I remember lots of wood in the interior.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7

scrapvn

Just call me 'hey you!'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pics...

Pics later if possible... gotta take some when tha cars outta the shed.
The interior is ALL black, velour everywhere and wood trim on the doors at the top. The glovebox has wood veneer over original plastic and i think the dash has some veneer too. I cant remember and its dark outside and the damn lights in the shed dont work so i'm not going to check.:p

scrapvn

Just call me 'hey you!'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pics... later... still...

Been and seen the ls1 forum. The black 2door commodore IS the one my girlfriend owns. The pic was taken by my brother. :yeah:

S

supaputty

yeah yeah....

Posted this in the COCC forums... thought you would have read it...
I will put it here for those that haven't been in any other forums to see it..

The 11 original (plus 1 prototype) Adayer sportif cars started life as VH SL/E 4.2 litre V8 commodores.
Then Dominion and International Automobiles(DIA) tore them apart ,cut and shut, threw away the four doors and quarter panels and rewelded and altered the body shells to accept panels from the two door German GM Opel Rekords. My ex-wifes partner painted them when they were made.

Additions to this car: Deep pile carpet, front recaro seats, choice of leather or fabric, matched material to door trims and side panels,polished woodgrain to trims side panels and lower dash, grey felt to line roof and windsreen pillars,momo steering wheel with dia centre, black cars with gold pin stripe,front spoiler, steel reinforced fibreglass front and rear bars,colour keyed slatted grills, rear deck spoiler, louver, roh wheels 6 by 14, goodyear cr70h14 tyres, Adayer embossed panel between tail lights, dual halogen head lights, power steer, duel exhaust, Pioneer sterio, four wheel disc brakes, tinted glass, air con.

Warranty for them was honoured by both GMH and the DIA Motor Company.
They had full ADR certification. GMH dealer Village Motors of Redcliffe,Brisbane was the first to market the Adayer Sportif.

After the new batch of 11 was made (the last 11 VH 4.2 cars from the Holden production line )and only ever 11 new ones where made, the DIA Motor Company then went to the public to modify there own VH Commodores to the Sportif specs. They also accepted the VC Commodore but could not issue a compliance plate for the VC, Kits could also be supplied to do your own conversion, cost for DIA to do your own VH was between $7000 and up to $9500, you could pick and choose to have options on or of your own car.
b160f6620efe195e477a8fc6013b70cc80e9.jpeg

8a2926bd91fbfcdf4b0a863e7feda475f8f0.jpeg

And scrapvn....
1) I never said HOW the spoiler got broken.. only that it got broken.
2) The engine pisses oil.... doesn't run properly... the carby needs full rebuild.... therefore until it runs like it should....it's U/S...
3) As for beating a CV8... the guy must have kept it in second.... I'd put my wagon up against the 2door....

76a9434b4bb80b854aabb8fb5e24a3fabbdc.jpeg

Yeah I should have kept the VL but I thought I would play safe for my then one yr old son and get a safer car for him to be a passenger in... I didnt realize that I was going to find out my g/f was gonna be sleeping with my brother three weeks later... You think I WANTED to get rid of it??? Hell I cried when I heard a 'P' plater wrote it off...

V

VHSLX

i dont mind the 2door , but black is not the color , silver or white would look really good