Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Dash installation

Davo11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 11 XU6
Hi Guys this is my first post... I am new to the forum.. I have purchased a project car but i am struggling to put my 2.85 83 VH back together. if i had taken it apart i might have had some idea but with that said i am slowly working through firstly to get it running.. one of my main problems and the reason for this post is i have no interior in the car.. i have purchased most of what i need but lack the knowledge of how the dash goes back together does any one knows of any instructional videos of this procedure.. another question is that the T bar selector when i pull up the release it does not spring back to hold it in that gear.. i have to push it manually back to hold it into the selected gear.. can this be replaced/fixed or do i need to replace to whole shifter?.. thank you in advance i will post some photos as soon as i load onto computer, but any help or thoughts would be very appreciated.. Davo11

Davo11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 11 XU6
I'd suggest you invest in a workshop manual as you will be needing it for other stuff as well
There is a pretty good how to on here somewhere as I did dash work recently
Have U got the dash and all the screws etc?
Sounds like the T bar has lost a spring
Hey Commy.. cheers mate I have work shop manuals.. and all the screws and I think all of the dash.. I’ll look up your how to.. is the spring replaceable or replace whole unit??
Cheers again..