Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH instrument cluster help

S

smug_pumpkin

hey i'm a newbie here, nice lookin forum. but that's enough suckin up from me.

i got a cluster for a vh off a friend of mine and he says it is from an interceptor or hdt commodore. click link below for pic, could someone confirm this either way plz.

also, as u can see it has two digital readouts in the top corners and i have no idea what information they are supposed to read out. my mate has no idea either. which proves how useless he is since i got the thing from him.

any help would be much appreciated.

pic was taken with my phone's crappy camera hence the shitty quality

[img=http://img291.echo.cx/img291/249/dash17jt.th.jpg]

B

brock/owna

cant help u but wouldnt mind knowing where it came from i wonder if its of the american vh's (i think they are chevrolet reckfords not sure )

S

smug_pumpkin

just spoke to the guy i got it off, reckons the bloke he got it off says he took it out of an old police interceptor.

thats all the info i have unfortunately

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
looks like an everyday VB cluster to me. Do you have a better pic??? It's easy to spot the speedo (obviously) and the manifold vaccum gauge, but what are two top ones on the left and right sides???

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
smug_pumpkin said:

i got a cluster for a vh off a friend of mine and he says it is from an interceptor or hdt commodore. click link below for pic, could someone confirm this either way plz.

also, as u can see it has two digital readouts in the top corners and i have no idea what information they are supposed to read out. my mate has no idea either. which proves how useless he is since i got the thing from him.

bad piccie
but looks like a standard cluster from a VB or VC
nothing special
its NOT HDT or INterceptor..they did not have Vac gauges... :p

hth

S

smug_pumpkin

thanks smitty

perkins, in the top left and right corners are lcd displays, three digits each, look kinda like a digital clock. dunno what they're sposed to be wired to, or what info they're sposed to read out.
anyone got any ideas there?

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
That is a custom job. The only standard VH digital display that came out was in the SLE and that stood next to the clock. I would say that it was a one stage connected up to whatever police equipment that was being used. You could easily convert it to a igtal tacho and speedo.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
The speedo is a police speedo. My vc interceptor has the same fine needle speedo. Full instrumentation clusters didn'r appear until GMH started producing specific police packs.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Its not a Vh cluster. The neddle points on the gauges are vb/vc and the facia should be black on a Vh.

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
smug_pumpkin said:

Yep it's genuine, I've seen a few, they also come out in the Kingswood intercepter.

Did you know that the VR-VS intercepter use a pointer from a EA Falcon.