Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] VH SL, 135,000 genuine km, very nice 202, 5 speed

vh_thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
VH SL, 135,000 genuine km, very nice 202, 5 speed -Now with pics

ITEM: VH Commodore SL

YEAR: December 1981 (i think, some interior bits were stamped with this)

SERIES: VH

BADGE: SL

ENGINE: 250km/1 month old reco 202

TRANSMISSION: 250km/1 month old reco celica 5 speed

COLOUR: Persian sand (copper metallic colour), has black bonnet (previous owner put a big gouge in the front of the bonnet somehow, bought this as a temporary replacement. the bonnet is 100% straight though)

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Paint isn't faded at all, comes up very nice with a wash and polish, front bumper has driving light holes in it but is otherwise good, rear sle bar is fantastic condition

INTERIOR CONDITION: interior is very good, front seats showing signs of use (less than average though) rear seat hardly used at all, carpet isn't great but isn't terrible either, no dash cracks as is common with these, headlining good, dash/instruments all good, has sle interior light, has intermittent wiper, all heating/ventilation cleaned out recently, heater flushed etc, new heater/blower control switch unit.

TYRE CONDITION: 60% front, 70% rear, all easily passed rego last april and the car hasn't had much use since (off the road doing the engine)

ODOMETER: 135,000

SERVICE HISTORY: i have records of the original services up to around 60,000km service i think, the next record i have at around 110,000, then i have receipts for most major stuff since

REGO OF CAR: NSW

REGO TILL: April 2010

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: yes

PRICE: Looking for $3000, but I am reasonably negotiable

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: pickup from tahmoor, or can meet you somewhere or even deliver depending on where you are for cost of fuel

PAYMENT OPTIONS: cash, bank deposit, paypal all accepted (paypal i'll be waiting till i get the money into a real account)

CONTACT DETAILS: pm me, email @ [email protected], call Chris on 0438 220 759 or 02 46 819 824

OTHER INFO: A lot of money has been spent on this car to turn into basically the best of what is available as factory for the older commodores. It has 4 wheel discs with new rear pads and 70% front pads, with vl turbo/v8 front finned calipers and new 290mm discs, a 1" master cylinder and v8 booster from a VR SS and new wheel bearings at every corner. It is lowered 1-2" all around on VK V8 fe2 springs, has new monroe shocks on every corner, adjustable panhard rod and rear v8 swaybar, so it handles pretty well for an old commodore. It has a dellow celica 5 speed conversion with a reco celica box and brand new exedy 'sports tuff' heavy duty clutch. The diff is a small salisbury that was recently rebuilt with all new bearings and seals and is 3.36 ratio. It has vk blinkers, nice condition vh headlights (not the shithouse repro ones) and vh sle taillights and rear bumper. Full instrumentation (tacho, oil pressure, volts etc). The engine has had an acl race series rebuild with +40thou pistons, crow megatork stage 3 cam, the head has been shaved 50thou for 9.5:1 compression, has been drilled and tapped for crane 1.5 ratio roller rockers, fitted with unleaded/lpg inserts and given a mild porting. It also has crow racing hydraulic springs, crow guide plates, manley hardened pushrods, anti pump up lifters, new cam bearings, new water pump, motorvator extractors into 2.5" exhaust with lukey race muffler, reco varajet carb, alloy timing gear and reconditioned oil pump. Fitted with a custom twin snout cold air intake. The engine is painted ford light blue and has candy blue rocker cover and side plates. The alternator is a 6 month old 120amp one, battery is also 6 month old exide. The original radiator shroud has been fitted with a vs commodore thermo fan which turns on automatically from a davies craig switch.
The car should not need any form of maintenance other than regular servicing for the rest of the life of the car, as it's all been done.

PICTURES:
car1-1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car8.jpg

car9.jpg

car10.jpg

car11.jpg