Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sle tone 2

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
ive got a 2 tone vh slx, unsure if its original 2 tone, probly not.

from my understanding the blue over silver is the rarest color, good luck finding any vh commodore regardless of color for a decent price that hasnt been molestered.

There was a very dark red over silver also (the one pictured on the owners manual) that seems to be also quite rare, in fact I don't think I have ever seen one and I have been obsessing over VH's for 30 years - sad I know!

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
This is my daily driver. What do you guys think something like this is worth? I have no plans to sell it but I often wonder what it should be valued at. I have it insured through LSV for 12k but I think its worth more than that.

Its a top 30 Holden Dealer special. One of the 30 made, and in a way its sort of 2 tone... It has a VN 304 and T5 manual in it with a rewritten chip , Simmons B45s and a MOMO s/wheel but is otherwise stock. It is a factory 5 litre SL/E with all the available options at the time and HDT running gear which was apparently left over from the VC Brocks, but Im not sure how true that is... I have the original brock spec 308 and T350 and SL/E steering wheel in the shed.

Actually I dont have any decent pics of the car all regoed up now with the 304 in it and the windows tinted and the rear louvre on. I should take some.

Its also fully engineered.
smoo5.jpg

smoo6.jpg

smoo8.jpg

smoo3.jpg

smoo13.jpg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
$12k sounds about right; seems mint. Un-Modded I would have said at least $15k but.....modding restricts market and as such value. However since you have some key original parts things look better but will take a bit of effort to put back. Would need the wheels for condition 1 money; I am not sure if they are regular VH SLE 2 wheels or special ones that you would never, ever find.

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
it doesnt have a manual or a momo wheel???

Yeah i need to take and upload some recent photos. It has had a few changes since those pics were taken.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
There was a very dark red over silver also (the one pictured on the owners manual) that seems to be also quite rare, in fact I don't think I have ever seen one and I have been obsessing over VH's for 30 years - sad I know!

You'll hate me then, back in 2003 I wrecked a maroon over silver factory 253 vh sl/e, I've regretted it ever since... on the upside, the door trims are in my VH SS to this day to protect my original VH SS door trims.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
You'll hate me then, back in 2003 I wrecked a maroon over silver factory 253 vh sl/e, I've regretted it ever since... on the upside, the door trims are in my VH SS to this day to protect my original VH SS door trims.

Yep we hate you! Lol
How could you wreck such a classic?

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Yep we hate you! Lol

the guy who sold it to me sold it as "wrecking purposes only" he drilled out the body number.
heads, inlet manifold and carby were in the boot (blown head gasket, but these are easy to redo)
Paint was excellent except for a big rust hole under the bottom left of the rear window (still no biggie to fix)

If it wasn't for rta being impossible about re-instating the body number the idiot drilled out... I probably would've fixed it up for someone else to molest and modify.

Still, I've done worse.... sold my old HK monaro 3 years before they skyrocketed in value..... got $5500 for a 186s 3spd manual lynx red hk gts.... if i had've waited 5 more years... hello 25k

sold so many decent cars i should've kept, wrecked so many vb sl/e's back 12-13 years ago.... too many regrets, but then again, when you work at a wrecking yard at the time.....